Unpredictable Attacks

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by gunsmoker, Oct 11, 2007.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Here's the intro to an article I saw today on CNN.com:

Roger Clifford Cochran III went to the Siesta Cove RV Park late Monday night to try to win back the woman who had been his girlfriend for five years, his attorney said.

Instead, the Pelion father of three found Vicki Newman Marcus asleep in bed with her new boyfriend, Gary Wayne Stone, woke them up and shot them multiple times with a .45-caliber Ruger semi-automatic handgun, Lexington County Sheriff James R. Metts said.

LESSON to ALL US SINGLE GUYS OUT HERE:

When you start dating a woman, even as you go out on the very first date or meeting with her, consider the possibility that she is just coming out of a relationship with a psycho who is about to go postal. That first date, with you, could push the "ex" over the edge and make him want to go on a killing spree. Hopefully he'll plan it as a suicide-murder, in that order, and stop halfway through completion, but you never know...

The main thing, of course, is that we can't predict when we'll be attacked. If you think your behavior dictates how others will behave towards you, you're sadly mistaken. At least SOMETIMES it doesn't work that way, and people suddenly find themselves face-to-face with a homicidal thug or nutcase when they thought they were safe and happy and not offending anybody.

P.S. Back in south Georgia a few years ago, this same scenario played out, except the woman was living alone in the trailer when the ex-husband came over there to murder her for starting to date other guys. When he was making his threats from the other side of the trailer-home door, she fired a load of #2 buckshot through it, disemboweling him. He died on the steps underneath that 6" diameter hole which was suddenly in the middle of the door. That's how it's SUPPOSED to end when a nutcase decides that somebody's gonna have to die over his jealousy.

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Scary stuff. I think this would be more likely to occur if there were children from the previous relationship and/or as the participants age. What I mean is this - I would think this would be more likely to occur in an estranged couple in their 30s, 40s, etc. than in a couple in their 20s. Also more likely to occur if the baby-daddy has lost his kids. I have no facts to back this up, just anecdotal news accounts.

3. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Hard to say Vol, jealously is such a strong emotion that some can't control it. Don't really know that age would be a factor.

4. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Is the real lesson not to date women in movable homes? ;)

It tends to happen in the situations Volgrad mentioned. However, I've run into women in their 20s who seem to attract a massive amount of "stalkers." At some point, women have to ask themselves if their behavior gives *every* man they meet the wrong impression. One in particular was a manipulator of doting men, and she had a list as long as my arm of people that "stalked" her across states (she was 22). After watching her interact with others, it was no wonder why every guy she met thought they were her one and only.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea I don't know about firing through a closed door. How can you be completely sure of your target and beyond it?

6. pyromaster

pyromaster Member

I had a cousin that was murdered before I was born (1975) in this way. He started dating a girl in college and her ex boyfriend came over and shot them both. They both died. :( I believe the ex boyfriend is still in jail.

7. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

That stuff must've geen gold.