Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to deposit some money in my checking account and was denied entry by a Brunswick Police officer..i called and spoke with the branch manager Carol Harvey and was told that carry was not allowed during the holidays...i asked her what about the rest of the year and why this was different. She called their main office in Brunswick and called me back and said the bank is off limits all year to anyone other than a police officer.... just to let you guys that might use them know...might want to find a new bank i will be closing my accounts after the holidays :whisper:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Seems every bank I have went to has a sign that say's no fire arms. Don't blame them for having one. Lot of people standing in lines that have lots of money on them and their some what parnoid any how wondering if this is the day this bank is going to get robbed?

Please people lets use common sense with out right to carry! Lets respect the business's that don't want us to carry and stay out. when they get robbed and it takes the police 5-10 minutes to show up and the robber has left with their money then we write a article about IF we were there open Carrying our gun then the robber would have moved on to a easier/softer target.....Marine6212

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marine6212 said:
Seems every bank I have went to has a sign that say's no fire arms. Don't blame them for having one. Lot of people standing in lines that have lots of money on them and their some what parnoid any how wondering if this is the day this bank is going to get robbed?

Please people lets use common sense with out right to carry! Lets respect the business's that don't want us to carry and stay out. when they get robbed and it takes the police 5-10 minutes to show up and the robber has left with their money then we write a article about IF we were there open Carrying our gun then the robber would have moved on to a easier/softer target.....Marine6212
so you just made the case of why you should be armed in the bank :roll: there is no sign..Sun Trust is a Corporate Sponsor of http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org i have a second checking account at Oglethorpe here in town and have no problem with carrying openly in there...and i have never had one at the United before until today...just a heads up to fellow gun owners that their business is not welcome there...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
rmodel65 said:
Marine6212 said:

so you just made the case of why you should be armed in the bank :roll: there is no sign..Sun Trust is a Corporate Sponsor of http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org i have a second checking account at Oglethorpe here in town and have no problem with carrying openly in there...and i have never had one at the United before until today...just a heads up to fellow gun owners that their business is not welcome there...

I agree with you 100% about being armed at the bank! I don't care so much about the bank being robbed but ME being robbed is out of the question and I would like to know that I have a fighting chance to keep my money I am not in a habit of just giving it away because you are too lazy to work!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
You didn't speak with the main office. The main office is way up in Blairsville. The CEO's son is president of the branch in Ellijay and is also a member of my church. We have spoken alot about 2A issues, I have even sat in his office while armed. He is as pro-gun as they come and he and his wife have permits and are very interested in joining in GCO. One of GCO's members even works at the Ellijay branch. You have probably ran into a district mgr. whose politics do not coincide with the ones who matter. I would give them a polite call in Blairsville if I were you. The CEO is Jimmy Tallent. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
It sounds like you need to take this higher then. They probably wouldn't be very happy if you are taking your business elsewhere because someone isn't following company policy. My guess is that she will get set straight.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
http://www.ucbi.com/about/overview.aspx
#1 in Customer Satisfaction

United Community Banks, Inc. is the third-largest traditional bank holding company in Georgia, with assets of $7.7 billion. Headquartered in Blairsville, GA, United Community Banks operates 106 banking offices located throughout north Georgia, metro Atlanta, coastal Georgia, western North Carolina and east Tennessee.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
If UCB's on our side, then I won't mind at all switching banks again.
They are conveniently close to me.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
If UCB's on our side, then I won't mind at all switching banks again.
They are conveniently close to me.
Wouldn't it be nice for them to take a stand in our favor? Maybe even become a sponsor. They are also in my town. I'll be watching this. :-k

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Ok, spoke to my local branch president, who is also the CEO's son. Mountainpass, I believe he oversees the Jasper branch also. Anyway, here's the poop- UCB does not have any company-wide policy banning legally carried firearms in their banks.He is sympathetic to our cause and is on our side. That being said, he also stated that local managers and regional VPs do have the authority to manage and make whatever policies they think are neccesary for their areas. He said that the Brunswick branches have been plagued by armed robberies and they are apparently "sensitive" down there right now when it comes to guns in the bank. He doesn't agree with it, but that's the way it is. He has no problem with someone legally carrying in the branches he oversees. I even mentioned UCB becoming a GCO sponsor in the future. Not all good news, but certainly not all bad.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Sounds like reason enough to change banks in that area though. I'd call the lady you spoke with before and let her know why if you choose to change your bank.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Thanks A. McClure for the follow up. If I were rmodel65 I would try to take it up the ladder(heck start at the top), all the while letting them know how much money they were going to lose if I left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My branch of UCB is around the corner form my house,i have never seen a "no firearm" sign on the door
I carry everytime i go to UCB and suntrust,i have never seen any signs on banks that say no firearms.
by the way UCB is a great bank,wonderfull folks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Anything with the word community is bad news and worthless :wink:

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Well, yes; hide your Magen David and no one will know you are Jewish.
Say anything you want, as long as you only mutter to yourself and you can have all the freedom of speech you like.

Criminals always conceal; an honest man should have no need to skulk.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Been using UCBI in Dawsonville since I was 15 never OC a whole lot in there but when I did never had a word said, but do know a lot of the folks.

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
rmodel65 said:
been a little busy...but if i cant carry then i gotta find another bank...
They would be cosing that account themselves after I removed all my money via the teller or outside machine. I will not disarm to go inside to close an account!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts