Unfair Georgia Divorce Courts

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Taurus92, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Split off from https://www.georgiapacking.org/thre...man-as-he-ran-away.264920/page-9#post-2916301

Carry laws and child support are two areas that most people have no clue how screwed up they are until they end up "involved." Then, you're basically considered a criminal and "only" speaking out because you're guilty or have to pay. By then, to people not caught up in it, you sound like a conspiracy nut.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    EJR914 likes this.
  2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I'm living the financial Hell of an abusive judge and abusive child support for the rest of my life right now. $100 to $150 a week that should be going into my retirement account right now, or go to rent, is going to my ex so she can buy herself Gucci, fly in her boyfriend from another country twice a week, and have a ball traveling when they get there, fine hotels and restaurants, ect. Boyfriend has no job, collects welfare. Judge doesn't care. It's criminal. I'll be paying for this for the rest of my life. I'll be working the rest of my life until I die because of this. Forced to. I'll never be able to retire.

I'll be lucky if I never get thrown in jail over this, and lose my employability in the nuclear field.

All it takes is 6 months of no growth in my job sector and no new jobs in my field.

My field is the only way I can make enough money to pay the child support.

I work hard 12+ hr days with 2 hours worth of driving to and from work, sometimes 7 days a week.

This is also the only good field I can find work in.

I am forced to travel around the country every 3 months finding new jobs, just to make enough, just to keep my head above water. It's not easy to find a good woman who can handle this lifestyle.

All because of the stupid state and one of these many a hole judges.

I am living this Hell.

I completely empathize with this poor father.

The state F'd him hard and good and then executed him.

I'm actually a bit envious of him, I hope he went to heaven, it would be better than dealing with this BS.

Maybe the government will give me that kind of peace one day, because screw them.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017

3. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

How is $5,200—$7,800 per year abusive for child support? I'm not the most knowledgeable about this stuff, but that seems low from what I've heard.

4. Taurus92

Depends on how much you make, or more important how much is left over. Personally, I was writing NEXT month's check at the first of each month, pin it to the cork board until the end of the month, deduct it from my checking account which took it negative until about the 3rd week of the month when I could mail it. Then I could start to pay the bills that didn't put me in jail. With O'care (*cough*) where it is today, I'm not sure I would have ever gone positive.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    EJR914 likes this.
  5. EJR914

That's not, that's just the abusive part.

The extra I shouldn't be paying.

20,000 a year is abusive to me. I don't make much money a year.

I don't have a problem paying child support, I WANT to pay child support. I love supporting my daughter and paying child support. I have a major problem paying abusive child support that has no basis in what I actually make a year what so ever.

Let's say your gross salary is 40K a year gross, you pay 20K a year in child support gross, 20k a year is paid in various taxes, that leaves you $0 a year to live on yearly, every year. You're telling me a man can survive, massive health care bills, have health, car, other insurances, have shelter, food, car, gas, and maybe try to start a new family with a new girlfriend on $0 a year?

Yeah, show me how someone can financial do that, while preparing a reserve fund for layoffs and emergencies, saving for retirement, ect.

Now factor in the time cost of money on the compounding interest lost by not funding my retirement right now with that extra money that would be going into my retirement account.

Go ahead, go look at that number.

I'll be working until the day I die because I foolishly decided to marry a lying, terrible woman and have a child with her.

That's not right, and we need to change this BS in every state.

It makes criminals out of good, hard working fathers.

My buddy even got beat up and raped in jail in Richmond County, GA because of child support and not being able to find any work.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

$100-150 a week gets international plane tickets, travel, fine hotels, and restaurants? :-?

7. Taurus92

What? 50% for one kid?

EJR914 likes this.
  8. EJR914

For the past three years, that's what I've made and that's what I've paid, yes, the judge refuses to change it. He's an ahole jerk. In fact, when I went in, he made it higher for daring to come try and bring some sanity to the child support number.

Every attorney I've talked to said one word after looking into it: ABUSIVE.

They say there must be a pay off or favor for him to be this abusive to me.

The Judge already told me he can't wait to throw me in jail when I can't pay, after begging him to lower it because I can't afford it.

9. EJR914

That's just the abusive extra part, by my calculation, I thought I was clear on that.

My attorney proved in court where the vast majority of my support went by getting my ex's financials. She was dumb enough to use her card back then.

The PI video and surveillance provided the back up to the expenses. She pays for everything, mostly out of the support.

10. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Something is off here with the math. $20,000 a year in child support is $384 per week, not $100-$150 per week.

11. Malum Prohibitum

That can't happen in Georgia.

Please stop preying on the ignorance of those reading here of Georgia child support law.

For those interested in the real state of the law in Georgia, you may research it for yourself here.

http://cordellcordell.com/resources/georgia/georgia-child-support/

Based on the incomes of the parties and their individual percentage of the total parental income, the obligations of each parent are calculated. For example, if the total gross income for both parents is $10,000 per month, the presumptive support amount is $1,259 per month for one child. If the mother is the non-custodial parent and her income is $6,000 per month, and the father is the custodial parent and his income is $4,000 per month, then the mother is obligated to pay 60% of the $1,259 per month to the father.

1911 likes this.
  12. Malum Prohibitum

You were not and are not clear on what you are saying. I am not being obtuse, but I realized by you putting this qualification on it, that you are probably saying something I still do not understand.

13. Malum Prohibitum

$384 per week or per month, and is that the total amount, to be split between the parents, or the share of the father, which of course we cannot know without knowing the mother's income . . .

14. EJR914

Omg, I just explained it.

You're right. That 384 is what you pay.

384-(234) = 150

150 dollars is my projected abusive amount.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Meaning, if this is the presumptive amount after accounting for Mother's income (and I have done ZERO confirmation that this is the case), then you just disagree with the amount set in the child support table by Georgia law? In other words, you think it should be lowered even further than they lowered it in 2007?

Or am I still not following?

16. Taurus92

Wow, when did that change? That's really much more fair than the old Wisconsin based calculations.

Edit: I'm guessing 2007?

17. Malum Prohibitum

2007. Georgia improved things a lot about a decade ago.

18. EJR914

I'm sorry I was not clear, I'll try to be more clear in the future. I'm not the most articulate I guess.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Then your attorney is an idiot. None of that matters for purposes of determining child support. NOT RELEVANT.

20. Taurus92

Well that figures. Divorced about a year after the shaft laws went into place and they fix it when my last son aged out.