Under bed (lockable) storage ideas?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by BSCLibertarian, Mar 15, 2017.

1. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

Anyone have anything they've built (preferred) or bought to store things locked up under your bed? Like an AR pistol, a couple of mags, a flashlight and maybe a full sized 1911 with a couple of mags, for example.

Looking for some DIY ideas if anyone has anything.

My general thought is to build a box that fits under the bed with a pull out drawer that can be locked or a box on wheels that locks. I'll have to figure out a way to attach whatever it is to the bed frame (I don't want to mess up the hardwood floors) so a thief couldn't just take the whole box and figure out how to open it later. With enough time, they'll be able to get it but I'd like to make it as difficult and noisy as possible for them (noise could set off the alarm if they somehow got in without setting it off).

2. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

Buy cheap small size (sub $500?) safe, lay it on its back?

I know you said DIY, but if you can find a safe that when laid on its back works within the dimensions of fitting under your bed...

3. BSCLibertarian

When I posted this I thought "I bet Titan has some bad-ass plans for something he's built"....

Not so much? ;)

I was thinking about just buying something but the decent ones are $400 and up. I don't want to spend that much and was kind of looking for a project. :)

4. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

5. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

6. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

I would try and find an existing safe and then maybe build a new wooden frame around it just to make sure the sides on the bottom were hidden.

Trying to do it from scratch looks like some serious $$$ is involved...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  7. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

8. BSCLibertarian

Some great ideas here. Thanks.