Under 21 carry?

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by GAGunOwner, Apr 22, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

We all know that you must have a GFL to carry and you have to be 21 to get the GFL but there may be a few limited exceptions....
    This is purely an intellectual excersize.

1) Some reciprocal states issue at lower ages than GA. For example, Alabama issues at 18. So can someone from Alabama who is 18-20 carry in Georgia? What if a state issued to people under 18 (I do not know if there is such a state)?

2) It appears that if someone is under 21 but happens to fall under one of the 16-11-130 exemptions they can carry. For example, an 18 year old in the military. What about a 17 year old in the military? Would the fact that they are under 18 make a difference?

What do you guys think?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

For the first question: I think with reciprocity you must follow the laws of the state that you're in.

For the second question: That's a good question. It seems like the military exemption would be enough regardless of being under 18 or not. This is just off the top of my head and I didn't go back to read the laws again.

Just some thoughts. :D

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

It doesn't appear that there is an exception for carry under 18 for anyone even people 16-11-130 exempted or for people under 18 from reciprocal states.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?t ... ection=132