Unbelievable

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by triharder72, Mar 27, 2007.

1. triharder72

triharder72 New Member

Paulding County - Applied to RENEW on Nov 23 2006. 121 days later I get a letter in the mail that says that there was "an error with your fingerprint card . . . unable to process criminal background reports." Now I have 10 days to go get my prints retaken or I move to the back of the line - another 120+ days?. 10 days, no problem right. Well, the letter is postmarked 3/22 and today is 3/26. So basically, I have the next 3 days to go get my prints redone. I guess rules, regulations and statutes passed by the Georgia legislature only apply to citizens, not the politicians.

PS - is there a record for longest renewal?

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

You just linked it and you know it. :twisted:

4. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

MP,

It is sounding like the prints on cards is a way for the probate to delay. I am going to post a poll for what county uses cards or digital livescan. Could GCO do anything to help get them to use livescan?

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Name

"Tri harder" --- are you a triathlete? Swim, Bike, Run?

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

If the local law enforcement agency has it, yes. If not, then it takes the money in the budget to get it and a Sheriff who is determined to get up to date with technology. Of course, Sheriffs are elected officials, just like probate judges, so contacting them would help.

I took away from the two posts, however, that Paulding was using Livescan.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That sounds like Livescan was used the first time around.

8. MIchael

MIchael New Member

license

They used livescan for me. Knock on wood but I received mine in about 65 days or so. I hope I don't have to go through what you are when its time for me to renew.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

today was day 21 for me in bulloch county using livescan. i'm not getting too impatient, yet.

10. triharder72

triharder72 New Member

Paulding County does have the scan equipment, but according to the person that did my manual print, they have been having trouble with it for over a year and just within the last few months decided that it was beyond repair. I was very polite, as I knew that it was not her fault, but she was VERY well aware that this had happened to many, many others.

gunsmoker - yes, I am am a "try"athlete

Regards,
    Not so Patient in Paulding

11. triharder72

triharder72 New Member

FINALLY

Received my permit on June 13th. Only 7 mos after application. This is a very smooth and efficient governmental process!

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Re: FINALLY

I am no rocket surgeon, but I think you are being sarcastic. :wink: