Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama pushed the security council and got this, just of the verge of the rebels' collapse.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/03 ... 1&iref=BN1

A draft included language stating that "all necessary means" could be used to prevent the "slaughter of civilians," a diplomat said.
Which means that we will be putting soldiers on the ground. I am predicting now that this will become another Iraq of 2005-2006. US soldiers will die. This is a fight we do not belong in. I feel bad for the Libyan people but it is their responsibility to oust him or not. And when people who resist foreign occupation, or supported Qaddafi, and kill American soldiers, I am sure there will be people over here that will say it is confirmation that Islam is a violent religion.

I am saying this will go very poorly, and we should not go in in the first place.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I'm not sure how a civil war in a country halfway across the globe is any of our business, but of course that hasn't meant anything since the 1800's.

I wonder how many people would be overjoyed at the UN declaring a "no-fly" zone over the US.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's disgusting. American soldiers are going to get killed. Some people are going to blame the Libyans. And the people supporting Qaddafi will be to blame for using IEDs and snipers, but we shouldn't be there in the first place.

This is not our fight.

Or better yet, I do have a solution. Contact the rebels. Tell them that we'll sell them all of the equipment they need to oust Qaddafi. Since they don't have the money now tell them they can give us their oil at a discount until the bill is paid up. Then we don't get involved and we make money in the process.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I agree that this isn't our fight. It's just another place to stick our noses and spend money. Are any other countries helping or is it just us this go around?

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
It's not just money, folk. It's lives!

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
to make it a no fly zone our feet dont need to do it

innocent people are dieing from this pos

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I have issues with our best pilots flying recon, I doubt theres any pilots in Lybia able to dog fight any of our guys.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clinton had them put 'all necessary means' in so we could invade.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
TippinTaco said:
CountryGun said:
It's not just money, folk. It's lives!
I realize that country, I wasn't trying to downplay that at all.
I knew you weren't.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Ya'll do realize that once the order is given, the service member can only respond with:
"Yes Sir, Yes Sir, three bags full?"

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
TippinTaco said:
I agree that this isn't our fight. It's just another place to stick our noses and spend money. Are any other countries helping or is it just us this go around?
From the looks of things now, there will probably be British and French boots on the ground there as well. I think it's too early to tell if there will actually be much of a war, but I agree with bdee that more soldiers will most likely die before this conflict is over with. If/when that happens, there will either be an uproar in America for retaliation or complete withdrawal of any and all troops in Libya.

Only time will tell, but it's looking like things could get interesting in the next week or so...

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
i don't think Lybia wants to attack us, it would be a HUUUGGGEEEE mistake. I think as long as its made clear that we're there to make sure its a fair fight I'm wondering what harm will come. Order command Stay the @#[email protected]#$ out of the fight unless we're brought into it and doing so would be them attacking us or killing an American. I rather we stay put, but sadly guys it's not going to happen, its politics, and Obama has something to prove.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let's see he's killing his own people, he's been a threat to his neighbors, he's got WMDs, he's affiliated with terror. Sound like Saddam?

It's like deja vu all over again. Thanks Mr. [s:3aeihy46]Bush[/s:3aeihy46] Obama

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
In other news, somoli pirates still operate with near impunity/threats of life in a warm US prison where they will be fed, watered, taken care of medically and have access to American courts and legal system......

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
samman23 said:
Didn't he kill Americans in the Lockerbie bombing?
He was implicated, but my guess is he'll die before making it to trial.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gruntpain1775 said:
In other news, somoli pirates still operate with near impunity/threats of life in a warm US prison where they will be fed, watered, taken care of medically and have access to American courts and legal system......
Yeah the Chinese have over fished the entire Somali coast to the point where fisherman have no way to feed their families. It turns out westerners are the only ones that have ever paid the ransom. But now the gangs run the piracy circuit, with threats to the families of those that actually go out and seize ships. So basically go out and seize ships for ransom, and we'll give you your family members back in return for the money. Or die trying like the last bunch that seized the American oil tanker. It's a messed up situation.

I suggest anyone deciding to take a cruise in the area to take a couple of rocket launchers for any fishing boat that comes near them. :shock:

But back to the OP, my heart goes out to soldier's family that won't be coming back. But I am sure, just like in Iraq, that someone will blame the religion when they get killed over there. All this because Mr. [s:2577xl7g]Bush[/s:2577xl7g] Obama needs to make a name for himself.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts