Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
There is a huge difference at a gun range vs a regular establishment. You do not go to Walmart with the intent to pull the weapon out, to use it, etc. At a gun range, you are going to use the gun. It is going to come out of the holster fully loaded and ready to fire. In other places, this only happens in an emergency.

One of the places I went to had a customer walk in, go up to the counter, and pull their gun out. Robbery? Nope, an idiot wanting a magazine "that fit this gun." Can anyone else see how this could have ended?

Now if you could have a policy where no morons would enter your gun range, it would not be a problem.

· Registered
63 Posts
Something just dawned on me after reading your reply. I wonder if some of these places have that rule to simply keep people from carrying a loaded gun in their hand inside the range vs. someone who has it holstered.

Still, aren't IDPA matches (and others) cold ranges as well? Do you go to any of them? Boycott them too. :shock:

I am not trying to be petty, but to be honest I never really thought about not frequenting a range or event that did not allowed carry like I have a store until it was asked here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.