Tx app for Gun unfriendly businesses

Discussion in 'In the News' started by UtiPossidetis, Oct 11, 2016.

1. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Gun advocates and licensed to carry holders can search for and add businesses to the interactive website or use the iPhone and Android apps for free.

The founder of the website, Russell Jones told Breitbart Texas, “This is not a for-profit venture. We are in it to help the community because it’s important to know both who supports the Second Amendment and who allows us to protect ourselves and our families.”

The Texas3006.com website has almost 11,000 registered users and 9,200 updated entries.

Users can download an iPhone or Android App and will be alerted when they are in proximity of a listed business.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. gungeek

gungeek Member

Great timing - I'm heading to San Antonio tomorrow on a business trip and will, of course, be traveling with my firearm.

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Let us know how it works for you. Love SA, enjoy.

4. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I live in San Antonio and had to turn off all the email alerts from that site/app. With adoption of the recent open carry (and limited campus carry) law, email notices of the new printed 'carry prohibited' signs being posted was overwhelming. Perhaps it's settled down now.

5. gungeek

gungeek Member

Man, you weren't kidding. My phone was chiming constantly while walking downtown and on the Riverwalk. Made me wonder if anyone even carries in town, though I will say I didn't see nearly as many signs as my phone suggested there were (I did see some). Maybe it's my conditioning to not look for signs.

I didn't see anyone OC walking around, an no obvious CC.

6. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

I'm curious, did you feel very constrained in the places you could go and still remain armed? Did you have to disarm often? Do you think Texas is much more restrictive than Georgia, in general?

7. gungeek

gungeek Member

I was stuck in meetings in my hotel a good bit of the time but I did get out for a couple hours each day. Honestly I felt like I was back in CA, or after I first started carrying - like I was doing something wrong and everybody was looking at me. I was CC, or really lazy CC with my shirt pulled over my owb holstered firearm. I didn't actually see that many signs, but wouldn't have patronized a business that had one.

Back home to GA tomorrow!

8. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I would guess it was chiming so much on the Riverwalk because of the 51% signs and they are often displayed inside (can't carry in bars...it's a felony, permit or not). Texas is quite a bit more restrictive than Georgia when it comes to 2A rights.

I understood the law in regards to signs (particularly the 51% signs) but I was always safe...no matter what a sign might have said.

9. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

the app is not location sensitive in realtime

it just broadcasts its database updates submitted by the sites members

10. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

Any chance of sometbing similar for us here? I'd be willing to chip in some for development, or purchase the app so long as it's reasonable.

11. majorwoo

majorwoo Active Member

I don't think you'd find an app like that as popular as you think. In order for it to work, it would need to use your location 24/7 and constantly check it against known off limits locations.