Two Teenagers Shot

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 23, 2010.

1. corey541

corey541 New Member

That's kind of disturbing. So being victimized gives police reasonable suspicion for a search? That doesn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong, the guys a big dummy for having drugs, I'm just saying...

2. Hughduffel

Hughduffel Member

Yeah, seriously. What possible justification could they have for searching the house? The incident began and ended at the bedroom window, and at most the bedroom.

3. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Doesn't sit well with me either. I understand exactly what you're saying.

4. Arkimedes

Arkimedes New Member

Unless the drugs were in plain view, the deputies had no reason to go through that house. There was a case in Hillsborough County not too long ago where deputies did the same crap and the judge threw the case out because there was no reasonable suspicion or probable cause to search the home in question. That coupled with no warrant cost the department a pretty penny.

I gotta give kudos to the homeowner in this case. It sucks that he got arrested but at least he got the two idiots that tried to break into his home.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

You didn't know? When police officers come to the scene of an armed robbery at a home, or just a breaking an entering, they truly believe that there must have been some reason that these people were victims. They actually believe that it was probably due to drugs in the house, and the criminals knew the drugs or money were in the home.

Police officers believe that you cannot just be a random victim. In this situation, the officers would say they were right, there were drugs in the house.

When I had my ordeal, the LEO that showed up did the same thing. Shouting at us, "Where are the drugs?!?! We know there are drugs here! Where are they?" They kept that up for 10 minutes as the blood poured from my head, and I had to hold a dish rag to my head to try and stop it.

After a while of this going on, and them searching the entire house, I told them that we had just been through a huge ordeal, I was bleeding from my head, and that there were no drugs in the house, and if they could please give it a rest. They eventually gave up and stopped yelling at us about drugs.

Remember, there are no such thing as an innocent victim.

6. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Wow, who would have thought that. It's bad enough to be a victim of crime but then to have to go through them yelling at you. Kinda makes it a double violation of your home doesn't it.

7. Seca

Seca New Member

+1