Two Restraining Orders Fail

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I guess they thought that since the first one did not work, they would issue two restraining orders. That would show him.
    http://www.wave3.com/global/story.asp?s=6604114

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

they should have vomited on him........

When are people gonna wake the hell up. Yes get the paper work, but ultimately hand the victim a gun to protect themselves!

Ok off rant.

3. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

If I ever need a restraining order yes I will get one. But unless the cops place a 24 hr protective detail (which is not reasonable) around me I will assume I need to provide for my own protection.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Why not get two? :D

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Better make it three. Two apparently doesn't work.

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I'm sure Sarah Brady would be shocked at this outcome. The man violated two restraining orders. He could go to jail for that. If only he hadn't been able to get a gun. If there were no guns, this never would have happened. We must put a stop to this lawless disregard for the law and outlaw all guns! They are evil.

7. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

did they believe right or are they falsely accussing him ? It could be the other way around, the women killed him and then killed themselves maybe?

8. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, my wife and I were dealing with someone making serious threats against us.

We filed police reports every time we received any contact or harrassing communications from the person. If nothing else, we wanted some kind of official paper trail in case anything went to the "next level." The police advised us against getting any type of protective order because it didn't provide any real protection, might make the person even more angry, and was thus a waste of time and money.

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

My fiance and her father haven't spoken in years. A few days ago he sent an e-mail making veiled threats.

My question would be this for any LEO in the area - he is in MD and we are down here. As mzmtg said, I would like a paper trail in case his crazy arse shows up and something happens. Since he isn't here, is there anything my local PD could do and would they even take a report?

10. Malum Prohibitum

They will take a report. Insist upon it.

11. Sharky

Sharky New Member

wsweeks2- you have a pm

12. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member