Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My co-worker and decade long friend said his Nephew was shot in a carjacking last week in Colombia, SC.

They hopped in their car at gunpoint at a gas station, forced them to drive into an ambush, nephew ran for it when he realized they were going to kill them, he got shot in the cheek.

The driver was shot right though the neck, spinal column severed, paralyzed probably for life.

Carry a gun everywhere fellas, even if you think it's a safe area or station you've been to 1,000 times.

Both these boys are lucky to be alive.

I'm not sure, this may be the article, not a lot of facts in it, but it appears to line up with places and dates.

http://m.wistv.com/story/37081875/update-2-richland-co-men-shot-during-saturday-morning-carjacking

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,584 Posts
QUOTE: "They hopped in their car at gunpoint at a gas station, forced them to drive..."

QUOTE:
"Carry a gun everywhere fellas, even if you think it's a safe area or station you've been to 1,000 times. "

MY COMMENT: I'm not sure my holstered gun would do me a lot of gun when I am approached by a guy who suddenly sticks his gun, that he had in his hand but out of my sight, in my face and demands that I drive.
Drawing against a drawn gun is really risky.
Although perhaps if you are carrying concealed and just play along, you might find an opportunity to draw if the robber is distracted.

If I'm buckled in, and the carjacker is not, I think I might distract him by running into a utility pole at about 30 mph, and then shooting him in the ear and temple a few times before he regains consciousness. You know, to buy me time to assess my own potential injuries, unbuckle, get out of the car, and flee. I wouldn't trust him to stay "knocked out" from the relatively minor crash. Putting three bullets through the left side of his head would give me that extra safety margin I need to get away from the threat. ;)

Reactions: AtlPhilip

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,584 Posts
Multiple carjackers pulling guns on you while you are getting back in your car after pumping your gas?
You need more than a gun.
You need to pull one of these out, pull the pin, let the spoon fly out the sunroof,

and put this little pineapple
Gesture Glove Sports gear Personal protective equipment Wood

on the dashboard and start counting backward ... 4, 3, 2,

SEE HOW FAST HOMEBOYS GET OUTTA DAT CAR

Reactions: Schweisshund

·
Registered
14,960 Posts
If I'm buckled in, and the carjacker is not, I think I might distract him by running into a utility pole at about 30 mph, and then shooting him in the ear and temple a few times before he regains consciousness. You know, to buy me time to assess my own potential injuries, unbuckle, get out of the car, and flee. I wouldn't trust him to stay "knocked out" from the relatively minor crash. Putting three bullets through the left side of his head would give me that extra safety margin I need to get away from the threat. ;)
That's very selfish on your part. You've failed to account for the loss of power, cable and phone service to unknown hundreds or thousands of innocent residents served by that utility pole that you so recklessly drove into. Not to mention the emotional trauma they'll have to endure until it's repaired. And the potential work schedule interruptions for the city or county workers tasked with the pole's repair. Have you no consideration for your fellow man?

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
That's very selfish on your part. You've failed to account for the loss of power, cable and phone service to unknown hundreds or thousands of innocent residents served by that utility pole that you so recklessly drove into. Not to mention the emotional trauma they'll have to endure until it's repaired. And the potential work schedule interruptions for the city or county workers tasked with the pole's repair. Have you no consideration for your fellow man?
:rotfl2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.