Two Dead in Wachovia Bank Robbery

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 15, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wachovia has signs banning guns in all of its locations (see our "No Guns Signs" page). A bank robber killed two people inside the Bessemer, Alabama Wachovia location during a robbery. See today's AJC, page A-9.

Gun free zones are disarmed victim zones!

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

They will never learn. Society as a whole is becoming like law enforcement, responsive instead of proactive. Cops cant do anything about a crime once it happens, only show up after and hope to catch the BG.

Seems like businesses are leaning that way more and more. Places that probably need it most, and have the most contact with the most number of people on a given day have the worst gun laws around.

"No gun" signs just invite problems and make it easier. Seems the flock of sheep are growing and companies are taking the run and hide mode instead of standing up against crime. Citizens are taking arms to protect theselves, not sure why corporate america doesnt wake up. In the end its all about money i guess.

3. Malum Prohibitum

I bank at Wachovia, but I never go inside without carrying.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I try not to go in banks at all! I have neevr seen a bigger magnet. And up here in suwanee, banks have become a "training field" for bank robbers!

5. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Wait just a darn minute; This is a gun free bank. I geuss I won't be going to Walkoverya because some people can't read no guns signs.
    :roll:

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I also follow that course of action, eventhough my wife does almost all of the bank related stuff, occasionally I do go to the bank. And I go armed because way too many people are stupid enough to rob banks. One of the worst crimes anyone could commit. Few bank robbers get away with very much money and few get away at all. Rob a store and the local cops come looking for you; rob a bank and the FBI is looking for you! Not a smart thing to do. But, if these guys were smart, they wouldn't have to steal in the first place....

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I wonder if someone will send a polite letter to corporate asking them if this is the kind of security Wachovia provides to all their unarmed customers.

8. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

They will probably say, Our customers are very safe in our banks, we sacrifice our tellers.
    I know, bad joke. Sorry but I can't help myself.
    :roll: :roll: :roll:

9. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Wow, I was at this bank last month when I was in AL on business. I have seen some pretty interesting stuff while in Birmingham as well over the past two years, I never go there without carrying.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

You gotta wach ova ya money too... :lol:

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

The ladies at my Bank of America don't have a problem with me carrying (openly).

12. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

how about gun free zone=criminal empowerment zone :shock:

13. Malum Prohibitum

Yet.

14. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Same wway at the local BoA branches here too. It's a shame they feel the need to give illegals credit cards.... :evil:

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/i ... thispage=1

16. Malum Prohibitum

17. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Typical scum politician thinking. I suppose he's encouraging people to just walk away... :roll: