Twitter has permanently disabled Trump's account

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by HJB, Jan 8, 2021.

1. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

They think it is being used to send signals to people who are then using it to plan additional "demonstrations" er, ah, I mean riots !

2. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

The two last tweets from Trump, rather benign, were used by Twitter as "justification" to ban Trump permanently.

Twitter is a foul and corrupt part of this wicked world's machinery.

Schweisshund and TimBob like this.
  4. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

They offer a free megaphone to whoever wants it and are therefore corrupt?
    They’re foul for maybe feeling they have some responsibility for the use of said megaphone?

Can you explain further?

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I added a few more you seem to have missed. :righton:

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Even Emily Ratajkowski is smarter than you.
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...-out-mark-zuckerberg-power-ban-trump-facebook

TimBob likes this.
  7. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

8. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

NO, or only within certain boundaries, if they enjoy any kind of special protection given to them by the public (or their representatives).
    Such as Section 230....

9. Billennium

10. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Well-Known Member

I think Jack and Mark are going to have some splanin to do to their stockholders when all Trump's follower's leave for Me we and parlor

Phil1979 likes this.
  11. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

So they should a) not be able to self-govern or b) be directly and personally responsible for any felonies their users commit online?

Has common sense left the building?

12. Billennium

I think I have already answered your question above, in plain English.

13. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Second verse. Twitter's biggest alternative, Parlor, has been pulled from the both the Google and Apple app stores. They were told to implement content moderation on par with Twitter and Facebook to be even considered for return. We all know that is a pretense. I expect them to get booted from their hosting platform within a week, also under some pretense. This is just the beginning.

14. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

I have several acquaintances who use FB, and Instagram quite a bit. Many of them were very vocal a few months ago about moving to Mewe or Parler or whatever site they'd be using. They made sure to let everyone know about their new ID on those sites. Here we are months later. Those accounts sit unused while they are just as active as ever on FB and IG. I wasn't sure when this mass migration by conservatives to Mewe and Parler was supposed to occur.

15. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

We did get a new year starting last week. Shame the calendar went backwards 37 years so we will soon be raising animals on the farm.

Time to reread those and pass them around the family and neighborhood. Quickly find out who your friends really are.

Nemo

Harhib likes this.
  16. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

MeWe had some problems over the last 24-48 hours due to the massive migrations. Their address book import function ground to a halt (it's now disabled that feature pending scalability fixes). Those accounts were social media bug-out shelters. Now people are moving in mass. I expect MeWe to get banned from the app stores within a week. Allowing this to happen is how the new administration pays back big tech for all its support.

17. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Too bad twitter did not disable his account a couple of years ago....he might be the next POTUS if they had.

18. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I do not believe they truly think that. I think they are wanting to create/help create a narrative where anyone who is America First minded/conservative, needs to be viewed with contempt. Ask Josh Hawley.Simon & Schuster Cancels Book Deal With Josh Hawley (mediaite.com)

19. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

Google is dropping Parlor from their app store. The big boys are making a statement.

20. Billennium

is it Parlor or Parler?
    In any case as of this morning they are both available on the App Store.