Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They think it is being used to send signals to people who are then using it to plan additional "demonstrations" er, ah, I mean riots !

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,820 Posts
The two last tweets from Trump, rather benign, were used by Twitter as "justification" to ban Trump permanently.

Twitter is a foul and corrupt part of this wicked world's machinery.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
The two last tweets from Trump, rather benign, were used by Twitter as "justification" to ban Trump permanently.

Twitter is a foul and corrupt part of this wicked world's machinery.
They offer a free megaphone to whoever wants it and are therefore corrupt?
They're foul for maybe feeling they have some responsibility for the use of said megaphone?

Can you explain further?

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Twitter[, Facebook, Google, YouTube and Instagram are] a foul and corrupt part of this wicked world's machinery.
I added a few more you seem to have missed. :righton:

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
They offer a free megaphone to whoever wants it and are therefore corrupt?
They're foul for maybe feeling they have some responsibility for the use of said megaphone?

Can you explain further?
Even Emily Ratajkowski is smarter than you.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...-out-mark-zuckerberg-power-ban-trump-facebook
"This gives Facebook/tech/Zuck THE MOST POWER. If he can shut the president up/off he can shut any of us up/off," the pregnant star tweeted on Thursday.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Custom User Title
2,024 Posts
I don't follow here. Should private industry be permitted to self-govern?
NO, or only within certain boundaries, if they enjoy any kind of special protection given to them by the public (or their representatives).
Such as Section 230....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I think Jack and Mark are going to have some splanin to do to their stockholders when all Trump's follower's leave for Me we and parlor

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
NO, or only within certain boundaries, if they enjoy any kind of special protection given to them by the public (or their representatives).
Such as Section 230....
So they should a) not be able to self-govern or b) be directly and personally responsible for any felonies their users commit online?

Has common sense left the building?

·
Custom User Title
2,024 Posts
I think I have already answered your question above, in plain English.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Second verse. Twitter's biggest alternative, Parlor, has been pulled from the both the Google and Apple app stores. They were told to implement content moderation on par with Twitter and Facebook to be even considered for return. We all know that is a pretense. I expect them to get booted from their hosting platform within a week, also under some pretense. This is just the beginning.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I think Jack and Mark are going to have some splanin to do to their stockholders when all Trump's follower's leave for Me we and parlor
I have several acquaintances who use FB, and Instagram quite a bit. Many of them were very vocal a few months ago about moving to Mewe or Parler or whatever site they'd be using. They made sure to let everyone know about their new ID on those sites. Here we are months later. Those accounts sit unused while they are just as active as ever on FB and IG. I wasn't sure when this mass migration by conservatives to Mewe and Parler was supposed to occur.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,518 Posts
We did get a new year starting last week. Shame the calendar went backwards 37 years so we will soon be raising animals on the farm.

Time to reread those and pass them around the family and neighborhood. Quickly find out who your friends really are.

Nemo

Reactions: Harhib

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I have several acquaintances who use FB, and Instagram quite a bit. Many of them were very vocal a few months ago about moving to Mewe or Parler or whatever site they'd be using. They made sure to let everyone know about their new ID on those sites. Here we are months later. Those accounts sit unused while they are just as active as ever on FB and IG. I wasn't sure when this mass migration by conservatives to Mewe and Parler was supposed to occur.
MeWe had some problems over the last 24-48 hours due to the massive migrations. Their address book import function ground to a halt (it's now disabled that feature pending scalability fixes). Those accounts were social media bug-out shelters. Now people are moving in mass. I expect MeWe to get banned from the app stores within a week. Allowing this to happen is how the new administration pays back big tech for all its support.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Too bad twitter did not disable his account a couple of years ago....he might be the next POTUS if they had.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,513 Posts

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
Google is dropping Parlor from their app store. The big boys are making a statement.

·
Custom User Title
2,024 Posts
is it Parlor or Parler?
In any case as of this morning they are both available on the App Store.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts