Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: kind of long video (15 mins) but you'll get the idea after about 2 minutes

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Scammers, fraudsters

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
Didn't watch the video, but the topic reminded me of this.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
He needed $30,000 in belts and shoes in two years because the expensive ones last longer.

Don't tell my $10 Walmart belt that I wear everyday to work for the past 3 years it might go and break.

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
He needed $30,000 in belts and shoes in two years because the expensive ones last longer.

Don't tell my $10 Walmart belt that I wear everyday to work for the past 3 years it might go and break.
I've had the same $20 belt from old navy for over 15 years (bought in HS). I bounce between the shortest 2 holes. The belt just keeps stretching with my gut! :rotfl:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,531 Posts
I heard of a felony criminal prosecution involving a "church" whose leaders were scamming people and pressuring them to sign over their assets to the church-- like ALL their assets.
The husband and wife "pastors" of this so-called church used the money for vacations to Europe and Africa, cruises around the world, buying million-dollar mansions in the suburbs while putting up the now-homeless members of their congregation (the people who recently signed-over all their property and bank accounts to the "church)" in flea-bag motels and trailer parks
The name of the church was "Abundant Life" or "Abundant Living" or something like that.

Yeah, it certainly was, for a while, for Pastor Fraud and Mrs. Fraud.

·
69,784 Posts

I've had the same $20 belt from old navy for over 15 years (bought in HS). I bounce between the shortest 2 holes. The belt just keeps stretching with my gut! :rotfl:
You two don't wear A&G belts??? :sad:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
You two don't wear A&G belts??? :sad:
Not yet. I don't need one for a holster as I just drop it in my pocket. That is where I a going to get one from once the $10 one breaks

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
For small churches, I don't really even see a good justification for a pastor to take a salary. Have a real job, write your sermon in free time and preach in free time. Visit members and do funerals in free time.

If you've been to seminary I understand wanting to get reimbursed for that cost, but being a pastor is like working minimum wage, it was never supposed to make you rich.

Blessed are the poor for yours is the Kingdom of God

·
69,784 Posts
For small churches, I don't really even see a good justification for a pastor to take a salary. Have a real job, write your sermon in free time and preach in free time. Visit members and do funerals in free time.

If you've been to seminary I understand wanting to get reimbursed for that cost, but being a pastor is like working minimum wage, it was never supposed to make you rich.

Blessed are the poor for yours is the Kingdom of God
Not rich, but I see no reason why a minister should not be supported. Even Paul was supported in the first century.

“I robbed other churches, taking wages of them that I might minister unto you; and when I was present with you and was in want, I was not a burden on any man; for the brethren, when they came from Macedonia, supplied the measure of my want†(2 Cor. 11:8-9)

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/173-support-of-gospel-preachers-the

Because he was wealthy, the great restoration leader, Alexander Campbell, would never take financial assistance for his preaching. While his intentions doubtless were noble, he did a disservice to poorer brethren who were not supported properly by churches that were swayed by the influence of Campbell’s example.

I have never understood the mentality of certain brethren who think that preachers ought to be treated like the proverbial redheaded step child. God’s ministers have as much right to wages commensurate with their abilities as anyone else. Do they have a right to insurance programs, and retirement? Why not? If the members are treated well by their employers, should we treat the Lord’s messengers less responsibly?

Some preachers are pampered and unquestionably not worth what they make. On the other hand, there are others who simply are not treated fairly â€" consistent with the principle of the Golden Rule.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
At a big church I don't either, but it quickly becomes a slippery slope for some of these guys, and I believe it can easily turn sinful.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
I understand that point of view, but the nature of evil is to be evil. God will allow it to fill up its cup of wrath to the brim before He extinguishes it.

Maybe, but a little judgement now is what's needed.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry that the guy in the video talks a little too much...I wish he would have just gave the list...anyway here are the top 15 wealthiest Preachers in America, the top persons wealth will blow your mind:

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
a friend of mine works where running credit reports is part of it. he said preachers were the worst of anyone.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
If anyone teaches prosperity gospel they are lying

1 - 19 of 19 Posts