TV Minister under court deposition: doesn't go well!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by rougeneck, Aug 29, 2016.

1. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Scammers, fraudsters

3. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

Didn't watch the video, but the topic reminded me of this.

[​IMG]

4. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

What?! Get out.

I saw that a man of God recently bought Tyler Perry's former humble abode...since God told him to...quite literally.

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Correct and correct.

God will judge them.

6. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

He needed $30,000 in belts and shoes in two years because the expensive ones last longer.

Don't tell my $10 Walmart belt that I wear everyday to work for the past 3 years it might go and break.

7. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

I've had the same $20 belt from old navy for over 15 years (bought in HS). I bounce between the shortest 2 holes. The belt just keeps stretching with my gut! :rotfl:

8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I heard of a felony criminal prosecution involving a "church" whose leaders were scamming people and pressuring them to sign over their assets to the church-- like ALL their assets.
    The husband and wife "pastors" of this so-called church used the money for vacations to Europe and Africa, cruises around the world, buying million-dollar mansions in the suburbs while putting up the now-homeless members of their congregation (the people who recently signed-over all their property and bank accounts to the "church)" in flea-bag motels and trailer parks
    The name of the church was "Abundant Life" or "Abundant Living" or something like that.

Yeah, it certainly was, for a while, for Pastor Fraud and Mrs. Fraud.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You two don't wear A&G belts??? :sad:

10. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Not yet. I don't need one for a holster as I just drop it in my pocket. That is where I a going to get one from once the $10 one breaks

11. EJR914

For small churches, I don't really even see a good justification for a pastor to take a salary. Have a real job, write your sermon in free time and preach in free time. Visit members and do funerals in free time.

If you've been to seminary I understand wanting to get reimbursed for that cost, but being a pastor is like working minimum wage, it was never supposed to make you rich.

Blessed are the poor for yours is the Kingdom of God

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Not rich, but I see no reason why a minister should not be supported. Even Paul was supported in the first century.

“I robbed other churches, taking wages of them that I might minister unto you; and when I was present with you and was in want, I was not a burden on any man; for the brethren, when they came from Macedonia, supplied the measure of my want†(2 Cor. 11:8-9)

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/173-support-of-gospel-preachers-the

13. EJR914

At a big church I don't either, but it quickly becomes a slippery slope for some of these guys, and I believe it can easily turn sinful.

14. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

Maybe, but a little judgement now is what's needed.

15. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I understand that point of view, but the nature of evil is to be evil. God will allow it to fill up its cup of wrath to the brim before He extinguishes it.

16. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

Sorry that the guy in the video talks a little too much...I wish he would have just gave the list...anyway here are the top 15 wealthiest Preachers in America, the top persons wealth will blow your mind:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWOcf_7K6i8[/ame]

17. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksvEPpi-MTk[/ame]

18. phaed

phaed Active Member

a friend of mine works where running credit reports is part of it. he said preachers were the worst of anyone.

19. EJR914

If anyone teaches prosperity gospel they are lying