Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to the game today via marta.

Any significant risk of wanding/metal/frisk. I want to go Appendix IWB but am considering belly band

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Quite a few threads on this. Comes down to which gate you go to. Some as more lax than others. I personally have never had an issue

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wish I'd seen this earlier.
Went last night, and could have carried. The guy doing checks at the gate looked me up and down and waved me in. He didn't make me lift my shirt, didn't even go through my wife's camera bag. He just had her open it up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scratchy belly band and no problems

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was at the game yesterday too. I can conceal my Glock 23 easily in my IWB MTAC holster, but I thought with sitting down and getting up so often is such close quarters in the stadium, that I'd better come up with another option. I took my Kahr P380 in a SuperFly pocket holster. I had forgotten it was even there, since it has become just one more thing I put in my pocket when I get dressed most mornings, until we stepped up to the gate to get in. My Father in-law went in first and the security guy questioned him about the buldge in his front pocket. The same pocket where I had my Kahr. My Father in law had to take out the camera pouch and open it for the guy. Of course, when I saw this I think my heart rate doubled, since I would be the next one through. I stepped up and stood as normally as possible. The guy looked me up and down, but seemed most interested in my iPhone, which was clipped on my belt right over the pocket where my Kahr was. He gave me the wave through and I was in. That was my first time carrying in Turner Field, since I've started carrying nearly 100% of the time.

Question: Suppose the guy had asked "What is that?" and pointed at my pocket. What should I have done or said?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jvteach77 said:
I was at the game yesterday too. I can conceal my Glock 23 easily in my IWB MTAC holster, but I thought with sitting down and getting up so often is such close quarters in the stadium, that I'd better come up with another option. I took my Kahr P380 in a SuperFly pocket holster. I had forgotten it was even there, since it has become just one more thing I put in my pocket when I get dressed most mornings, until we stepped up to the gate to get in. My Father in-law went in first and the security guy questioned him about the buldge in his front pocket. The same pocket where I had my Kahr. My Father in law had to take out the camera pouch and open it for the guy. Of course, when I saw this I think my heart rate doubled, since I would be the next one through. I stepped up and stood as normally as possible. The guy looked me up and down, but seemed most interested in my iPhone, which was clipped on my belt right over the pocket where my Kahr was. He gave me the wave through and I was in. That was my first time carrying in Turner Field, since I've started carrying nearly 100% of the time.

Question: Suppose the guy had asked "What is that?" and pointed at my pocket. What should I have done or said?
Pretend you have a call and walk off, which was my plan, and tuck into your waistband. My plan was to, frankly, put in my underwear after walking off, but you saw they weren't asking for shirts to be raised so could have gotten away with that.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I went a couple weeks ago and carried IWB. They where to busy saying I could not bring in my 3 D cell mag light that was in my bag to notice my XD9. The first security guard said I would need to check the mag light in at guest services. He actual said "why would some one need a flash light" for a night game.

I went down to another security gate and the second security person let me in.

It seems like if you bring a bag they don't check the individual as much.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
yep tons of threads on this very topic including Phillips, the ted and the Georgia Dome. Fact is guys it depends on the gate. I personally have seasons seats to the braves, the women know me at the gate and I get waved in with a small conversation attached and sometime s ahug from grandma at the customer services. I've been told cheap ticket gates there seems to be an over power of security there but then again I've not walked in those gates in years.

Heres your deal:

PAY ATTENTION as you walk towards the gates. There will usually always be people ahead of you. If you get a good view of their tactics on entry, turn around and walk away as if you left your camera in the car or jump into another line with a stall attendent thats not checking. The number one rule of carrying is being aware at all times. Just pay attention.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
And what would happen should the find out one day?

For the record - and GPDO member who has the problem of being told to leave your firearm elsewhere and still wants to go to the game can give me a shout. Since I'm two blocks away (you can park for free) and leave your weapon at my house if you need to, I don't mind.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
IrishTiger said:
And what would happen should the find out one day?

For the record - and GPDO member who has the problem of being told to leave your firearm elsewhere and still wants to go to the game can give me a shout. Since I'm two blocks away (you can park for free) and leave your weapon at my house.
all I can say bro is play it by ear. We're legal carriers. Most they can do is tell you to leave or put it in the car. I've never noticed any No firearm signs at the entrance but I've not paid much attention. And thanks for the offer on parking my vehicle at your house. I have diamon prefered parking so I don't trust letting the valet in my car with my gun in the console.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
if they would check in a flashlight, they would probably check in a firearm. Isn't there a police precinct there that handles security? a call over there may answer the question.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Was there Friday night. I was asked about the bulge in my pants pocket, which was a GPS. No other search, so I could have carried. Only reason I didn't was, if they had found it and had me return it to my car, it's a Jeep with a soft top. Not nearly secure enough.

As for your offer, IrishTiger, there is the issue of my icon..... :shattered:

·
Registered
670 Posts
At the game tonight, I had to go the the customer service desk after the game. While I was waiting, about half of the people there were asking for their knife back. They were all sent home without a knife. If they won't let you in with something, I would recommend taking it back to your car. It sounds to me like Turner Field is running a theft ring.

·
Registered
737 Posts
after last night i would think the relief pitchers would be worried about people having guns :lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm going tomorrow to the field with the kids and wife for the closing ceremonies for the Susan G Komen 3 day walk and will be carrying ..yep you guessed it Glock 21SF IWB. Hope they dont find it cause Im getting a ride and wont leave my gun in the car and wont go downtown unarmed. There should be 10's of thousands of people so Im gonna try...

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Glock21SF said:
I'm going tomorrow to the field with the kids and wife for the closing ceremonies for the Susan G Komen 3 day walk and will be carrying ..yep you guessed it Glock 21SF IWB. Hope they dont find it cause Im getting a ride and wont leave my gun in the car and wont go downtown unarmed. There should be 10's of thousands of people so Im gonna try...
You should be ok . Let us know how it went tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last I went, they did waist checks by hand.

Next time I'll examine gates.

What happened with this one, op?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts