TTAG’s John Boch Named To Trump Admin’s Second Amendment Coalition

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by jgullock, Nov 10, 2016.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-john-boch-trumps-second-amendment-coalition/

2. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Anyone recognize other names on the list (i.e. Allan Cors, Doug Koenig)? Some of these names that I've never heard sound pretty solid from their bios, i.e. shooting trainers, gun rights activists.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016

3. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

Things that need to be pushed:

-Nationwide Reciprocity and strong repercussions against states like NY, NJ and others who would try to erode it.
    -The hearing protection act would be fabulous.
    -Move to unblock the Obama policy of not allowing the import of the C&R guns from Korea, at least get them in the hands of the CMP.
    -A friendly ATF director or at least disband and put under a cleaned up FBI. Bonus points for removing sporting use language.

What else?

4. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

62 co-chairs??? Are there any Indians to go with those chiefs?

I don't recognize any name.

5. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

-abolishing the NFA, or at least overturning the Hughes amendment and removing suppressors and SBR from it
    -eliminating the wait for approval time for NFA items -- pay the tax, submit the form, 4473, take it home all in the same day.
    -allow free import of foreign arms for sale, and lift the embargos on Russia

I would love to see a "second amendment protection act" or similar that would ban the government from ever passing a federal AWB or otherwise restricting firearms ownership, but I won't hold my breath.

6. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

A protection act is probably more likely than re tooling of the NFA but one can dream...

7. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Many of the items discussed are high profile and often discussed, however some are below the normal radar. What jmorriss said!!
    "Move to unblock the Obama policy of not allowing the import of the C&R guns from Korea, at least get them in the hands of the CMP."

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Committee that big cannot possibly get anything done . . .

9. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

I say we have malum, jrm, Jerry Henry and Alan gura replace the committee

10. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

This huge committee might just be for show, but I think Trump will listen to his son about any of these issues. In other words, if Donald Jr. mentions to him that he thinks the Hearing Protection Act should be signed, then Trump will put far more weight on that opinion than any others. Fortunately, it looks like Jr. is a true gun guy, and it looks like he might respect the opinions of the actual experts and pass them on.

11. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

Completely agree.

Marty Daniel is the owner and creator of Georgia's own Daniel Defense based right outside of Savannah.

Craig Morgan is a country singer who likes to hunt.:???:

Richard Childress is a former NASCAR driver and the current team owner of Richard Childress Racing.

Kim Rhode is an American double trap and skeet shooter. A California native, she is a six-time Olympic medal winner, including three gold medals, and six-time national champion in double trap.

12. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Sure they could. With a little help (read push) from us and other gun rights groups across the country. Like the VCDL and GCO comes to mind but not the NRA. The NRA only wants limited progress so they can keep fighting "the good fight" for us. We need to ask for the moon on this.

What is needed for this push is a uniform across the nation comprehensive list to be sent to every member of this committee of changes we NEED in the gun laws.

13. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Committees like that in DC are not working committees, they are political committees. The real work is done by a couple of the Name people and a bunch of wonks away from lights. The names on the committee are usually indicative of the future outcome and they are there to help sell the decisions reached by the working committee.

14. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Thomas Alibrando- He was a Black Water ops and now deals firearms to law enforcement. Also ex LEO.

...My opinion is his 2A stand is unknown and may not be as receptive to a lot of the things we would want.

Ronnie Barrett!- Excellent choice!!! Everyone knows this guy. Think Barrett .50

John Boch- Another excellent choice!!! He is or at least was president of GSL.

15. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

[FONT=&quot]Allan Cors- NRA President.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Kelli A. Emerick- Remember the "Secure ID"

[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Casey Flack IWI US CEO. I have a few of their guns including Desert Eagle .50AE and 2 Desert Eagle .45's.[/FONT]

16. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Low hanging fruit:
    Post office carry
    CoE land

Medium slog:
    Hearing protection act
    Reverse import bans

Heavy lifting:
    Reverse the Hughes amendment of 1986
    Civil liability for unsecured gun-free zones

Maximum effort:
    Strike the NFA
    Make carry firearms, ammo, training expenses, and CCW license costs tax deductible

17. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Eliminate the Cary license cost and make them free if a state wants to require a license. This is the same as the poll tax that was ruled unconstitutional as a tax on a right.

18. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

only name i recognise on there is Kim Rhode...

19. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

I would rather not have the federal government rewriting state licensing laws no matter how attractive that may appear. I would also rather not have a federal license to carry either.

20. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

This! The list looks good