1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
"Savvy Jack" Do they even have a right to "search" us without RAS?
Seems they've decided to make 100% of the flying public suspect, and they're not going to budge. I'm sure court cases will be forthcoming, but unless legislators disband the TSA, I don't see much changing.

I don't know who posted it recently, but they suggested that next we'll be searched to cross state lines, or drive over bridges. How much more can anybody take?

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
They're going to say it's "voluntary", you volunteered for the screening when you made the decision to purchase a ticket. "You can always walk, drive, swim, charter a private jet, or take a hot air balloon, no one's 'forcing' you to take a commercial airliner."

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Nine years ago everybody was on board to do WHATEVER it took to prevent another 9-11 scenario.
Now not so much...........
What changed?

·
Registered
447 Posts
zetor said:
Nine years ago everybody was on board to do WHATEVER it took to prevent another 9-11 scenario.
What changed?
We got tired of watching Grandma forced out of her wheelchair so they could grab her crotch.

I don't care where you fall on the dimension of liberty vs security; you're getting neither.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
shaftoe said:
zetor said:
What changed?
We got tired of watching Grandma forced out of her wheelchair so they could grab her crotch.

I don't care where you fall on the dimension of liberty vs security; you're getting neither.
That's the popular sentiment at the moment it seems.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
shaftoe said:
zetor said:
What changed?
:righton: And,..... when people get tired of watching strangers feeling up their children, and not being able to explain to a four year old why that happened.

·
16,485 Posts
zetor said:
What changed?
Not much. The TSA just isn't doing anything. The money is better used elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
budder said:
zetor said:
What changed?
Not much. The TSA just isn't doing anything. The money is better used elsewhere.
Where is it better spent? Is it better spent in something other than in a security capacity?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
CountryGun said:
shaftoe said:
zetor said:
What changed?
:righton: And,..... when people get tired of watching strangers feeling up their children, and not being able to explain to a four year old why that happened.
Automatic WIN by default of children being groped.

Grandma having her crotch probed was ALMOST a win, but 41 mag really put the nail in the coffin.
I don't know what the heck I was thinking. Heck that was 9 years ago anyway. They are probably just as wishy washy as us and are probably dedicated to some other cause by now anyway.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
zetor said:
Where is it better spent? Is it better spent in a security capacity?
Maybe looking for actual terrorists instead of pocket knives and cigarette lighters. The TSA's approach is completely flawed.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
zetor said:
dam294 said:
zetor said:
Where is it better spent? Is it better spent in a security capacity?
Maybe looking for actual terrorists instead of pocket knives and cigarette lighters. The TSA's approach is completely flawed.
What about box cutters?
It never occurred to me before, but in 1998 I flew from Atlanta to Mumbai India. In my carry on was a Leatherman multi-tool complete with wire cutters, pliers, a 3" blade, and screwdrivers. I missed an opportunity to disassemble that plane in mid flight. :sly:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,888 Posts
The TSA is a complete failure. They have not stopped anything from happening and they know it. The are not even trying to be proactive, they are being 100% reactive.

Richard Reed try to set off a shoe bomb on a flight. OK you now have to remove your shoes to go through security.

Someone tried to mix liquids to explode on a flight. OK no more liquids over 3oz on a flight.

All they are doing is waiting for things to happen and the react to them.

When was the last time that a child, elderly person or white middle aged man tried to blow up a US plane? What are they getting scrutinized at airports?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Adam5 said:
The TSA is a complete failure. They have not stopped anything from happening and they know it. The are not even trying to be proactive, they are being 100% reactive.

Richard Reed try to set off a shoe bomb on a flight. OK you now have to remove your shoes to go through security.

Someone tried to mix liquids to explode on a flight. OK no more liquids over 3oz on a flight.

When was the last time that a child, elderly person or white middle aged man tried to blow up a US plane? What are they getting scrutinized at airports?
Well apparently, we are over reacting by "feeling up children" instead of being proactive by realizing that Ahab will eventually try this with kids or any other sacred loop hole such as granny's crotch.
Ahab may even have white followers.....*GASP!*

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Nahhhh, never mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just refuse to fly.

·
Registered
447 Posts
zetor said:
Adam5 said:

Well apparently, we are over reacting by "feeling up children" instead of being proactive by realizing that Ahab will eventually try this with kids or any other sacred loop hole such as granny's crotch.
Ahab may even have white followers.....*GASP!*
I'll take those chances. If a nutjob wants to try to kill a lot of Americans, there are a lot easier ways to do it than sneaking nailclippers past the TSA.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts