1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Aguilar said the aggressive body search is not designed as an inducement for passengers to opt into the full body scan. Aguilar said that since the resolution pat-downs began, there have been only four in San Diego.
Bull Puckey says I

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
BG_Atl said:
Aguilar said the aggressive body search is not designed as an inducement for passengers to opt into the full body scan. Aguilar said that since the resolution pat-downs began, there have been only four in San Diego.
Bull Puckey says I
I can see why you would think that, but I think they're trying to make the pat down as thorough (read invasive) as the back scatter machine. They aren't really trying to pressure people into the machine as much as they're trying to make sure everybody is equally searched.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
so someone stands up for their rights and they need investigating?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
atlsrt44 said:

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Makes sense to me. Investigate the guy who they already know is NOT a terrorist, using their resources so they don't have to investigate any REAL terrorists.

Doesn't this make sense to you?

<sarcasm>

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,851 Posts
Michael J. Aguilar, chief of the TSA office in San Diego, who called the news conference at the airport boasted that the new fine is $11,000. He said of the $10,000 amount, "That’s the old fine. It has been increased."

They want to make an example of a non-terrorist. I guess that will have the real terrorists shaking in their boots, huh? That's the reason they're doing this to an innocent man who broke no laws isn't it? A man who didn't want to have his whole body irradiated, and who didn't want his private parts grabbed as a condition of getting on an airplane.

I hope Aguilar does sue, and then lose big to the tune of having to pay Tyner's attorney fees and any other associated costs.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
On another blog, I've read that some folks think that, once you're under TSA scrutiny, you must complete the inspection. Seems they think that to leave short of that make one suspect for being a real terrorist, and terrorists can't be allowed to walk away with a bomb in their shorts.

If you're in the non-secure area of an airport, and refuse prior to being screened, why are you presumed guilty of terrorism?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
CountryGun said:
On another blog, I've read that some folks think that, once you're under TSA scrutiny, you must complete the inspection. Seems they think that to leave short of that make one suspect for being a real terrorist, and terrorists can't be allowed to walk away with a bomb in their shorts.

If you're in the non-secure area of an airport, and refuse prior to being screened, why are you presumed guilty of terrorism?
This is interesting thought. If you give the police permission to search your house, car or whatever, you can limit their ability to search or terminate that permission at any time (a lawyer can correct me if I'm wrong). So, why shouldn't the same apply here?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
mpc said:
CountryGun said:

This is interesting thought. If you give the police permission to search your house, car or whatever, you can limit their ability to search or terminate that permission at any time (a lawyer can correct me if I'm wrong). So, why shouldn't the same apply here?
Because... NINE ELEVEN.

<logical argument>

NINE....ELEVEN.

Sometimes people get so caught up with the fact that we are living in a post-9/11 world, that they forget we are also living in a post-1776 world. I know which means more to me.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Nullifier said:
Makes sense to me. Investigate the guy who they already know is NOT a terrorist, using their resources so they don't have to investigate any REAL terrorists.

Doesn't this make sense to you?

<sarcasm>
well put! :righton: :righton: :righton:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
all I know is i'm done flying. I'm not giving up my rights just to save a few hours of travel time.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
atlsrt44 said:
all I know is i'm done flying. I'm not giving up my rights just to save a few hours of travel time.
Ditto. I may get back overseas someday. It won't be anytime soon.

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
So what "sponsor" will help this guy in the court system? This is a must win or we are screwed!

·
Swollen Member
11,937 Posts
Puffyfish said:
atlsrt44 said:
:roll: add a W to that armband as well. W gave us the TSA plus the Patriot Act. :x

·
Registered
798 Posts
Aberk said:
I can see why you would think that, but I think they're trying to make the pat down as thorough (read invasive) as the back scatter machine. They aren't really trying to pressure people into the machine as much as they're trying to make sure everybody is equally searched.
I respectfully disagree. I don't believe this has anything to do with ensuring that everybody is equally searched. If that was anywhere near the case the TSA wouldn't let their own employees walk in and out of the secure area without being searched to the same degree as anyone else (as that's what "everybody" means).

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
jlw253 said:
Aberk said:
I respectfully disagree. I don't believe this has anything to do with ensuring that everybody is equally searched. If that was anywhere near the case the TSA wouldn't let their own employees walk in and out of the secure area without being searched to the same degree as anyone else (as that's what "everybody" means).
The accused, "Tyner", asked several time to be administered the less invasive metal scanner. He was denied at every turn.

The "administration" has seemingly issued an exemption for Muslim women, the very people most likely to carry a bomb. because it violates their religion! They will only be "patted down" about the head and neck.

Do you feel secure yet?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Mrs_Esterhouse said:
Puffyfish said:
atlsrt44 said:
:roll: add a W to that armband as well. W gave us the TSA plus the Patriot Act. :x
QFT. Obama just kept the same laws and has done nothing to change any part of the Patriot Act, and has only increased the power of the thugs and perverts at the TSA. It was GWB that started all of this mess.

Too bad many of us were asleep at the wheel when GWB passed all this non-sense.

I really hope that this TSA mess will be that catalyst to bring the entire house down. I'm talking about every unconstitutional infringement on our rights. Maybe finally people are starting to understand that our government will not stop this harassment, invasion, and rights infringements. It will only get worse, and our government has only one goal... more power and control.

Maybe this TSA debacle will be a positive. Maybe as people see their children and wife fondled and stripped by TSA workers, they will wake up and realize that we are heading towards a serious police state, if we are already not there.

I really hope that this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Not everyone was asleep, but in the post 9-11 world, those of us that disagreed with the changes being made were labeled as tree-hugging sensationalist liberal commie flag-burning anti-American terrorist-lovers. I mean, how could the Patriot Act and the powers given to the TSA possibly be abused? What nonsense!

Oh....... how times change.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts