Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
That's just freakin rediculous. I hope they sue the hell outta TSA. More lawsuits = more money the agency loses which means that hopefully, they change their policies that much sooner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
This is freaking rediculous. I don't even know what else to say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,226 Posts
Arkimedes said:
That's just freakin rediculous. I hope they sue the hell outta TSA. More lawsuits = more money the agency loses which means that hopefully, they change their policies that much sooner.
At least one district court has held that the plaintiff could not sue the TSA. The court stated the plaintiff should have sued the United States instead, but went on to state that such a suit would be denied because the sovereign immunity of the US had not been waived for suits arising out of assault or battery.

In the words of the soup nazi .... no suit for you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
Next time I go traveling, think I'll go dressed like this guy:



Only, I'll look more like this guy:



Pro Tip: don't go googling images of men in speedos unless you absolutely have to.
 

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,386 Posts
Aero....... man you are starting to worry me.
 

·
GeePeeDoHolic
Joined
·
6,412 Posts
AeroShooter said:
Next time I go traveling, think I'll go dressed like this guy:
It's been done.

A TSA supervisor and San Diego Harbor Police asked Wolynak to put his clothes back on "so he could be properly patted down," says his attorney.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... t-san-die/

Open carry advocate too.

Wolanyk successfully sued San Diego for false arrest after he was picked up in Mission Beach with an unloaded Glock 17 sticking out of the back of his shorts.

He was awarded $35,000.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=53388&p=734287#p734287

I posted it at the link above this morning. Its the 2nd post down. Unbelievable. The TSA must change their policies. This violation of our 4th amendment rights cannot stand. I really wish the TSA would just be dissolved. Nothing good comes out of this, and this is definitely not making us any safer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
The problem with his stategy was that he stripped down. I won't beable strip down further without breaking the law.

Rugerer said:
AeroShooter said:
Next time I go traveling, think I'll go dressed like this guy:
It's been done.

A TSA supervisor and San Diego Harbor Police asked Wolynak to put his clothes back on "so he could be properly patted down," says his attorney.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... t-san-die/

Open carry advocate too.

[quote:1yl9uimd]Wolanyk successfully sued San Diego for false arrest after he was picked up in Mission Beach with an unloaded Glock 17 sticking out of the back of his shorts.

He was awarded $35,000.
[/quote:1yl9uimd]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
A TSA supervisor and San Diego Harbor Police asked Wolynak to put his clothes back on "so he could be properly patted down," says his attorney.
:faint:
Just goes to show you, their only interest is in "touching" you.
No, no, it gets better...

Wolanyk was arrested for refusing to complete the security process. A woman, identified by Harbor police as Danielle Kelli Hayman,39, of San Diego was detained for recording the incident on a phone.

Source: Passenger Chooses Strip-Down Over Pat-Down | NBC San Diego
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top