Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could be NSFW:
(Contains TSA body scan)

Neither does the second United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President George W. Bush and co-author of the USA PATRIOT Act Michael Chertoff, the current Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, Administrator of the United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and former Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation John Pistole, or President Barack Obama.

If you want to learn more on the government scam and the slick salesman, Michael Chertoff, just google him. He stands to profit financially from the sale of these scanners. He is a security consultant for the companies that manufacture the scanners. No inside deal there. A former DHS secretary, selling these scanners to our current DHS secretary. All they while the scanners cost $150,000 and do not detect explosives, yet a $8,500 bomb stiffing dog does? The FBI uses these dogs at their main office, and so do soldiers in Iraq and A'stan where bombs go off everyday, but we don't use them here? We'd rather grope women and children and stick our hands down their pants looking for bombs or put them through the porno scanners?

Didn't Pistole just say that these scanners are a direct result of the underwear bomber?

But didn't the Government Accountability Office say that they are not sure these scanners would have been able to see the "underwear bombers" explosives?

But the DHS may have acted hastily. In March, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) called into question whether full-body scanners could have detected the underwear bomber. "While TSA officials stated that the laboratory and operational testing of the AIT included placing explosive material in different locations on the body, it remains unclear whether the AIT would have been able to detect the weapon Mr. Abdulmutallab used in his attempted attack based on the preliminary TSA information we have received," the GAO's Steve Lord, director of homeland security and justice issues, told a House subcommittee.
http://www.banderasnews.com/1011/edat-bodyscanners.htm

The Government Accountability Office has since expressed further doubt in the use of scanners, too. In a March 2010 report, the office stated “it remains unclear whether the AIT would have detected the weapon used in the December 2009 incident based on the preliminary information GAO has received."
Government purchases of Rapiscan products were made in 2005, shortly after Chertoff assumed his Homeland Security position; after he left his appointed office but still remained with The Chertoff Group, the government purchased additional Rapiscan AIT devices; after objections to these scanners from both the House of Representatives and the Government Accountability Office, another terrorist risk occurred; the validity of that alleged terrorist incident was immediately questioned; Rapiscan then received additional contracting for scanning devices without need for congressional approval; objections to other passenger screening methods such as pat-downs have been a hot subject lately, and purportedly with intentions to increase public approval for AITs.
http://www.examiner.com/charleston-demo ... nder=print

I heard this on national news, about the GAO, and it turns out to be true. I'm now fully convinced that these scanners have nothing to do with making us any more safe. It has to do with money from this scam, and of course getting us to throw away our entire 4th amendment rights for the illusion of temporary safety.

All involved, Michael Chertoff, Janet Napolitano, John Pistole, and Barack Obama disgust me. I can't even watch them when I see them spouting their junk on the TV everyday. After all, Janet is Obama's girl, and she works for him, so obviously he is agreeing with all of this or it would end tomorrow.
 

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Fantastic find, EJR! I watched the entire video... and now I'll have trouble sleeping!
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TimBob said:
Fantastic find, EJR! I watched the entire video... and now I'll have trouble sleeping!
Thank you, just trying to do my part to spread what a scam the entire thing is. The FBI doesn't use these scanners at their main office, they use the bomb sniffing dogs to find explosives. So do soldiers in areas where bombs go off everyday. They don't use these scanners. :righton:
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jmark said:
The photo they used as an example of the scanner is fake.
Spent a lot of time staring at the photo? :lol: To be honest, does it matter? The porno scanners do the exact same thing. If that's the only problem with the video then we are all good. Still doesn't change the information in the video. :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,189 Posts
EJR914 said:
Jmark said:
The photo they used as an example of the scanner is fake.
Spent a lot of time staring at the photo? :lol: To be honest, does it matter? The porno scanners do the exact same thing. If that's the only problem with the video then we are all good. Still doesn't change the information in the video. :righton:
No, just saw a thread in another forum where they took the same photo's and colorized them to make it look real. In reality they were only reversing what was done in photoshop.

There are real examples here.
http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/01/whats-wrong-with-this-picture.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
Whether the photo is faked or not doesn't change the fact that the scanners are pretty much worthless when compared to a trained dog.
When 911 happen everyone blamed the USA Gov not protecting us . Now that they are trying to make sure that will not happen again everyone complains . Look at the number people that died that day , what would you think they (dead)and (family) would think about this . I bet they wished this was up and running then .

I am not complaining I am Happy and would let them do what ever they needed to , to make sure my country is safe. yes that includes a cavity search :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,402 Posts
Tech5 said:
When 911 happen everyone blamed the USA Gov not protecting us . Now that they are trying to make sure that will not happen again everyone complains . Look at the number people that died that day , what would you think they (dead)and (family) would think about this . I bet they wished this was up and running then .

I am not complaining I am Happy and would let them do what ever they needed to , to make sure my country is safe. yes that includes a cavity search :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's not the issue.

The issue is that we could be safer using better security that is less intrusive, and that the TSA is above reproach. I would never trade the illusion of safety today for loss of my rights tomorrow.

Az
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Tech5 said:
CoffeeMate said:
Whether the photo is faked or not doesn't change the fact that the scanners are pretty much worthless when compared to a trained dog.
When 911 happen everyone blamed the USA Gov not protecting us . Now that they are trying to make sure that will not happen again everyone complains . Look at the number people that died that day , what would you think they (dead)and (family) would think about this . I bet they wished this was up and running then .

I am not complaining I am Happy and would let them do what ever they needed to , to make sure my country is safe. yes that includes a cavity search :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow, I read that post, and all I can say is that you are being the good little sheep your government wants you to be.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tech5 said:
CoffeeMate said:
Whether the photo is faked or not doesn't change the fact that the scanners are pretty much worthless when compared to a trained dog.
When 911 happen everyone blamed the USA Gov not protecting us . Now that they are trying to make sure that will not happen again everyone complains . Look at the number people that died that day , what would you think they (dead)and (family) would think about this . I bet they wished this was up and running then .

I am not complaining I am Happy and would let them do what ever they needed to , to make sure my country is safe. yes that includes a cavity search :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! :sheep:

Our current government representatives loves people such as yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
EJR914 said:
Tech5 said:
CoffeeMate said:
Whether the photo is faked or not doesn't change the fact that the scanners are pretty much worthless when compared to a trained dog.
When 911 happen everyone blamed the USA Gov not protecting us . Now that they are trying to make sure that will not happen again everyone complains . Look at the number people that died that day , what would you think they (dead)and (family) would think about this . I bet they wished this was up and running then .

I am not complaining I am Happy and would let them do what ever they needed to , to make sure my country is safe. yes that includes a cavity search :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! :sheep:

Our current government representatives loves people such as yourself.
Sounds to me neither of you lost anyone due to the 911 so you can't speak from the heart how it touched family members .I am glad they are doing everything they can to protect us from another 911 attack or what ever date they choose .
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
Tech5 said:
EJR914 said:
Tech5 said:
CoffeeMate said:
Whether the photo is faked or not doesn't change the fact that the scanners are pretty much worthless when compared to a trained dog.
When 911 happen everyone blamed the USA Gov not protecting us . Now that they are trying to make sure that will not happen again everyone complains . Look at the number people that died that day , what would you think they (dead)and (family) would think about this . I bet they wished this was up and running then .

I am not complaining I am Happy and would let them do what ever they needed to , to make sure my country is safe. yes that includes a cavity search :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! :sheep:

Our current government representatives loves people such as yourself.
Sounds to me neither of you lost anyone due to the 911 so you can't speak from the heart how it touched family members .I am glad they are doing everything they can to protect us from another 911 attack or what ever date they choose .
If they were doing everything they can, they would destroy all planes. Right now, they are barely doing anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,458 Posts
AzB said:
Tech5 said:
When 911 happen everyone blamed the USA Gov not protecting us . Now that they are trying to make sure that will not happen again everyone complains . Look at the number people that died that day , what would you think they (dead)and (family) would think about this . I bet they wished this was up and running then .

I am not complaining I am Happy and would let them do what ever they needed to , to make sure my country is safe. yes that includes a cavity search :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's not the issue.

The issue is that we could be safer using better security that is less intrusive, and that the TSA is above reproach. I would never trade the illusion of safety today for loss of my rights tomorrow.

Az
:righton: Exactly. Don't question their authority!
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tech5 said:
Sounds to me neither of you lost anyone due to the 911 so you can't speak from the heart how it touched family members .I am glad they are doing everything they can to protect us from another 911 attack or what ever date they choose .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

Someone should add this to wikipedia as a perfect example.

As Ben Franklin said, you deserve neither liberty nor safety.

You would give up all your rights just for the illusion of safety. :roll:

Edit: To add to this, if you did lose someone in the terrorist attacks I'm very sorry about that, blame the terrorist and America's foreign policy that lead to this, but don't ask any of us to give up our 4th amendment rights. You are free to give up every right that you have, just don't ask or expect me to be ok with one Constitutionally protected right infringed or violated. I'm very upset with my government for violating everyone's 4th amendment rights, and I always will be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Tech5 said:
Sounds to me neither of you lost anyone due to the 911 so you can't speak from the heart how it touched family members .I am glad they are doing everything they can to protect us from another 911 attack or what ever date they choose .
As a matter of fact, I did lose someone very important to me. And I will scream from the rooftops that the TSA is doing nothing to protect us from anything. They will never do anything to protect us. Every regulation they place on Americans, erases another of our rights.

Keep singing your song Baaaaaaah!!!! :sheep:

This is what the TSA lines will look like before long. Glad to see you are in line already.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,176 Posts
EJR914 said:
... if you did lose someone in the terrorist attacks ... blame the terrorist and America's foreign policy that lead to this, but don't ask any of us to give up our 4th amendment rights. You are free to give up every right that you have, just don't ask or expect me to be ok with one Constitutionally protected right infringed or violated.
EJR, You post a lot here - some things I agree with, others not so much.

The quote above, however, I find to be one of the most succinct, straight-forward summaries of the "safety" vs. "freedom" battle that I have seen or heard.

Very well phrased.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top