trying to get rid of some guitar gear...?'s

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by modestglock26, Oct 17, 2007.

1. modestglock26

modestglock26 New Member

Do any of you guys now a place that won't royally screw you on guitar gear sales? I went to a few places in Cumming today and I just can't believe what they offered for what I had.

I have been playing, buying and selling guitar related items for about 14 yearsnow and was in shock with the numbers a few shops came up with. They were using ebay to find a price and when I looked I found out they were looking up the wrong item hence the major price different.

Anyone on here know of any possible places to sell gear...either online or off? I am trying to make use of craigslist and all the gun forums I am on so I can sell/trade locally but its been uneventful.

Thanks,
    Casey

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Try listing it here ;) I think there have been a few mentions of guitar players here. Not I, but I thought I'd pass along the suggestion. I haven't played in a while, but remember a little bit. I'm sure there are forums that are the guitar equivalent of gun forums. I'm sure they have a place to sell gear. Just a few suggestions. Good luck with it.

3. modestglock26

modestglock26 New Member

I probably will list it on here if allowed once I have been a member long enough. I have met up with a few guys on here for trades/sales that went well and I prefer to keep things local so everyone can put their hands on it and see exactly what they are getting.

I'll have to find a good guitar forum to join I guess.

Thanks

4. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Ted's Pro Music in Gainesville is pretty good. Just make sure you do it when Ted's there (the guy with the long beard and baseball cap) otherwise you might not get the best deal.

5. Breadfan63

Breadfan63 New Member

What are you looking to move?

6. modestglock26

modestglock26 New Member

A Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber DC 5 head. Its cleanand never been gigged, there just isn't a local shop that needs it cause from what I was told...they all just loaded up on purchases for the holidays.

I just found a Boogie forum so I posted it on there as well hoping it would get some interest.

This is what I hate...I just got in and the wife is like, "why don't you just sell a handgun instead of the amp"?

If only I could talk myself into it.

7. Axeman

Axeman New Member

It does suck to chose between guns and guitars.

I am not sure where you are located but I have had decent dealings with Galaxy music in Snellville.

Also online:
    ebay
    craig's list.
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Services/

Hope that helps. If I weren't broke and getting more broke, I would inquire further, good luck.

8. modestglock26

modestglock26 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I have it on craigslist and on a mesa boogie forum board right now. I will look into the harmony cental link as well.

Hey, if it never gets interest I can just part with my G26 since my G19 holds it down pretty well. Its not what I prefer to do, so the wait begins...

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Unless you can throw the guitar equipment at 1000 fps, I don't think it would do much in the way of helping out in some emergencies. :wink:

10. modestglock26

modestglock26 New Member

You had to hit me low...

OK so I need to just focus on getting this amp sold. :D

Thanks for lookin out!

11. Breadfan63

Breadfan63 New Member

How much are you asking? It's out of my reach at the moment as the holidays close in, but I know a few other axe slingers around here.

12. modestglock26

modestglock26 New Member

pm sent