Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,902 Posts
End gun bans in Federal Park buildings, Federal Museums, and Federal Libraries! End the gun ban in Post Offices! End the gun ban on COE and TVA land!

Don't just give us lip service, President Trump!

KEEP YOUR PROMISE to END GUN-FREE ZONES!

·
American
3,289 Posts
Hearing Protection Act!!

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,413 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
They're not wrong.
The mere fact that he appeared at the NRA meeting is a good sign. First sitting President since RR MANY years ago. Again, not pleased with the lack of positive details but am still hopeful that things will continue to move in the right direction.

Now, if we could only get our spineless and two-faced Republican Governor in GA (who officially opened the NRA Meeting today) to keep his word and sign the Campus Carry bill that was completely reworked and met ALL his requirements from last session we'd be making progress locally at least.....

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Ronald Reagan also endorsed the Brady Bill and the AWB of '94.

I'm notably pessimistic on the national level.

I'll stick to the state level and GCO where work is actually accomplished it seems like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now, if we could only get our spineless and two-faced Republican Governor in GA (who officially opened the NRA Meeting today) to keep his word.
One funny part during Trump's speech is he was rattling off "good Republican Governor's with us today" and naming them, when he got to Deal, there were quite a few boos heard.

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
I give trumps speech at the NRA meeting an A-.
I think he spent a little too much time bragging about himself and his election victory, but it was he did acknowledge that The NRA and Americas gun owning citizens overwhelmingly supported him. And I think it's fair that he pointed out that he was the only candidate to speak in front of organized gun groups during the campaign and he was a strong Second Amendment supporter during the 2016 campaign.

As for specifics of gun law changes, he was very vague about any rollbacks or increasing our freedoms. The content of the speech was basically saying that he's not going to allow any more gun restrictions.
The federal government would no longer be constantly looking for an opportunity to pass more gun laws more administrative regulations that interfere with selling arms and ammunition and shooting them, etc.
I was glad to hear him bragging about how his Secretary of the Interior reversed the Obama administration's ban on lead ammunition being fired on Federal lands.

I was hoping that he would use the bully pulpit to address to specific issues that are before Congress right now with bills already drafted with dozens or even hundreds of cosponsors: the Hearing Protection Act, and national concealed carry reciprocity .

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
One funny part during Trump's speech is he was rattling off "good Republican Governor's with us today" and naming them, when he got to Deal, there were quite a few boos heard.
Yeah, I noticed the boos.
I rolled my eyes, thinking about how Governor Deal vetoed 2 pro-gun bills last year claiming that we just can't have guns at churches, colleges, and daycare. it's for the children !

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,902 Posts
Perhaps President Trump will inquire as to the reason for Deal's boos, and hopefully be brought up to date with accurate information.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
No pro-gun statements, in a gun free zone, sponsored by a wishy-washy org, in an alcohol free environment. Because guns turn people into crazed killers.

It was practically an MDA commercial.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Good. :bat:

·
69,784 Posts
:lol: Seriously?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,130 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts