Trump University Was a Scam and Fraud

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Nov 1, 2016.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

What a wonderful President this Con Man and Fraud will make. It was a bait and switch, just like with all his business deals, just like he will be as President.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432010/trump-university-scam

2. EJR914

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump-university-its-worse-than-you-think

3. EJR914

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/politics/eric-schneiderman-attorney-general-trump-university-fraud/

4. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Don't you get tired of slamming Trump? Why don't you promote your guy instead? Could it be there is not much to Johnson to promote so the only alternative is to belittle someone else?

5. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

That's politics....

6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

How is it any different from the multiple other scam universities out there?

7. mog

mog Active Member

Ever hear of Carlton Sheets? Or any other of the plethora of real estate training places? That's all it was. Actually it was just his name and paired together with some of the other ones. Anyone who thought they were going to an actual college or university was blind, or setting themselves up for a possible payday in court. What was the other one... Russ something?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I was sort of chuckling wondering who would think something named "Trump University" was a university, like the University of Georgia . . .

:lol:

The name made me instantly think it was a get rich quick real estate seminar . . .

9. Malum Prohibitum

Well, duh!

10. mog

mog Active Member

Russ Whitney, I think that was his name. Yeah! And don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those things, and they're not really all "quick" scams, but they are definitely no college. I used to go to every free one that would come to town, the only reference I ever heard from any of them to college was when they were selling the bigger packages at the end. They'd say "well you spend x amount on college, why not spend this amount on so-n-so".

11. Malum Prohibitum

Apparently it is illegal in New York to use the term "University" without a charter from the state.

12. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

Trump is still the president this country deserves.

13. mog

mog Active Member

Hah! The first I heard of it, it was always Trump U, didn't hear the actual word "university" for a long time. I think people that were buying in wanted it to sound more worth the money.

14. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

OK, he is being and has been sued over his business practices. State Atty Genl says bad things about his practices. Were they bad? I don't know. Let the matter resolve as those things resolve.

He borrowed a comparatively small pile of money and turned it into 10 billion. And has legally paid no taxes since 1995 or before. If I could do all that you bet your donkey and all in your herd I would do the same thing.

Before about 3-5 years ago he was not in any consideration of being president by anyone else and I don't think he was considering it. He was in the habit of trying to make money. Which he did well. Turns out overall his business practices were more successful than not. They may have been almighty dollar, take no prisoners, I will win this battle. But that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Ask any attorney, they have clients with those attitudes/beliefs/intents routinely. Often those clients soften up and become more reasonable but sometimes it no quarter all the way. Is that bad? No, not always. Good? Not necessarily.

Trump has some views I do not and cannot support. (Discussed another time and place)

Could Johnson be a viable candidate for me? Yes, if he paid attention to what was going on in the world or at least knew how to get enough details on a question he did not know anything about to answer it in some semblance of an intelligent manner.

If he did not have a VP who was about as anti-gun as you can get and only one heartbeat away.

Trump may not be the best to have for president for the next 4 years but he is the best choice now.

Will he get my vote? Yes.

Nemo

15. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

This is the U.S.

Separating the stupid from their money is not only legal, it is very rewarding.

16. EJR914

I've been supporting Gary with every post. More dishonesty. This deserves it. This is illegal and fraud.

17. mog

mog Active Member

What is actually being claimed to be the illegal and fraud part? I haven't been reading too much about it. I just took it as people spent money and didn't become mini-Donald so they're pissed and looking for someone else to blame and get a refund.

18. EJR914

There is fraud there, don't believe me, go look at the affidavit I posted and just read.

19. mog

mog Active Member

I didn't say I didn't believe you, just asked what it was. I didn't see an affidavit.