Georgia Packing banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
PITA
220 Posts
Pelosi make dog sh** look real appetizing. That woman is a sorry excuse for a human being, and a waste of oxygen, and I'm not just talking about this post-presidency impeachment crap. I utterly cannot stand to watch her, so I can only wonder if she still always looks like she is working on a cu** hair stuck between her teeth, every time she is flapping her jaws.

I think both she and HRC are spawns of Satan. Evil, nasty, disgusting witches, both of them.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Pelosi make dog sh** look real appetizing. That woman is a sorry excuse for a human being, and a waste of oxygen, and I'm not just talking about this post-presidency impeachment crap. I utterly cannot stand to watch her, so I can only wonder if she still always looks like she is working on a cu** hair stuck between her teeth, every time she is flapping her jaws.

I think both she and HRC are spawns of Satan. Evil, nasty, disgusting witches, both of them.
Wow !! you really think that ? Sounds to me like you kinda got the hots for her maybe.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,695 Posts
Not sure why, but I had a feeling that commerce would change dramatically in the last days where regular stores are almost unheard of, at least during the time of the Great Tribulation, if not before.

Something perhaps having to do with how the mark of the beast will be used by the lost to obtain products from those that make them.

Time is short, fellow Christians. Be on the watch, for the Rapture is around the corner. No, I don't have the day or hour, but watch.

·
68,159 Posts
What Does the Bible Say About the Rapture?
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1577-what-does-the-bible-say-about-the-rapture

and

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/262-the-left-behind-series

The truth of the matter is, the rapture theory is relatively recent. The idea appears to be traceable to a Pentecostal movement of the early 1800s-founded by Edward Irving (1792-1834). A recent writer says:

The idea of a two-stage coming of Christ first came to a Scottish lass, Miss Margaret Macdonald of Port Glasgow, Scotland, while she was in a "prophetic" trance (Brinsmead 1974, 28).

Brinsmead quotes from a book, published in 1861, by Dr. Robert Norton, a member of the Irvingite group. This volume, titled The Restoration of Apostles and Prophets: In the Catholic Apostolic Church, as quoted by Brinsmead, reads as follows:

Marvelous light was shed upon Scripture, and especially on the doctrine of the second Advent, by the revived spirit of prophecy. In the following account by Miss M. M. -, of an evening during which the power of the Holy Ghost rested upon her for several successive hours, in mingled prophecy and vision, we have an instance; for here we first see the distinction between that final stage of the Lord's coming, when every eye shall see Him, and His prior appearing in glory to them that look for Him (15).​

George Murray, in his excellent volume, Millennial Studies, has also quoted the renown Greek scholar, S. P. Tregelles, who in 1864 wrote:

I am not aware that there was any definite teaching that there should be a Secret Rapture of the Church at a secret coming until this was given forth as an "utterance" in Mr. Irving's church from what was then received as being the voice of the Spirit (138).​

The rapture theory thus rests upon the same sort of bogus "revelations" as Shakerism (founder Ann Lee had visions and claimed to speak in seventy-two languages), Seventh-Day Adventistism (Ellen White thought she took a trip to heaven), and Christian Science (Mary Baker Eddy's revelations told her there is no death).

The dispensational dogma, with all its peculiar elements (including the notion of a secret rapture), is at variance with the teaching of the Bible, and careful students of Holy Writ will reject it.​

Reactions: TimBob

·
PawPaw x 3
8,322 Posts
What Does the Bible Say About the Rapture?
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1577-what-does-the-bible-say-about-the-rapture

and

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/262-the-left-behind-series

The truth of the matter is, the rapture theory is relatively recent. The idea appears to be traceable to a Pentecostal movement of the early 1800s-founded by Edward Irving (1792-1834). A recent writer says:

The idea of a two-stage coming of Christ first came to a Scottish lass, Miss Margaret Macdonald of Port Glasgow, Scotland, while she was in a "prophetic" trance (Brinsmead 1974, 28).

Brinsmead quotes from a book, published in 1861, by Dr. Robert Norton, a member of the Irvingite group. This volume, titled The Restoration of Apostles and Prophets: In the Catholic Apostolic Church, as quoted by Brinsmead, reads as follows:

Marvelous light was shed upon Scripture, and especially on the doctrine of the second Advent, by the revived spirit of prophecy. In the following account by Miss M. M. -, of an evening during which the power of the Holy Ghost rested upon her for several successive hours, in mingled prophecy and vision, we have an instance; for here we first see the distinction between that final stage of the Lord's coming, when every eye shall see Him, and His prior appearing in glory to them that look for Him (15).​
George Murray, in his excellent volume, Millennial Studies, has also quoted the renown Greek scholar, S. P. Tregelles, who in 1864 wrote:

I am not aware that there was any definite teaching that there should be a Secret Rapture of the Church at a secret coming until this was given forth as an "utterance" in Mr. Irving's church from what was then received as being the voice of the Spirit (138).​
The rapture theory thus rests upon the same sort of bogus "revelations" as Shakerism (founder Ann Lee had visions and claimed to speak in seventy-two languages), Seventh-Day Adventistism (Ellen White thought she took a trip to heaven), and Christian Science (Mary Baker Eddy's revelations told her there is no death).

The dispensational dogma, with all its peculiar elements (including the notion of a secret rapture), is at variance with the teaching of the Bible, and careful students of Holy Writ will reject it.​
Glad these folks aren't the definitive word on God's Word.

·
68,159 Posts
No, but apparently for you Ms. Margaret McDonald's "utterance," falsely claimed as a direct revelation by God, is. One ought to be automatically suspicious of any new discovery in the Bible that was unknown for almost 2000 years. But, no, folks just sit there and believe anything their "pastor" tells them, and few have enough knowledge of what the Bible says (or any interest in even gaining more knowledge) to even question it.

While "these folks" may not be the "definitive word on God's Word" (God's Word is pretty understandable all by itself), you could learn a lot by reading serious discussions written by those with whom you disagree, instead of just dismissing such things out of hand and refusing even to inform yourself of what the arguments are and what the support for the arguments are.

You did not even read far enough in the post to determine the origin and basis of your own beliefs - a false claim of prophecy and vision from Margaret McDonald of something completely unknown to anyone before. It is seriously disturbing to me to think that folks who claim to be Christian believe things like this and let it supplant clear Scripture. Your faith is based on a false prophecy from a girl in Scotland, not on scripture.

Reactions: 45_Fan

·
PawPaw x 3
8,322 Posts
No, but apparently for you Ms. Margaret McDonald's "utterance," falsely claimed as a direct revelation by God, is. One ought to be automatically suspicious of any new discovery in the Bible that was unknown for almost 2000 years. But, no, folks just sit there and believe anything their "pastor" tells them, and few have enough knowledge of what the Bible says (or any interest in even gaining more knowledge) to even question it.

While "these folks" may not be the "definitive word on God's Word" (God's Word is pretty understandable all by itself), you could learn a lot by reading serious discussions written by those with whom you disagree, instead of just dismissing such things out of hand and refusing even to inform yourself of what the arguments are and what the support for the arguments are.

You did not even read far enough in the post to determine the origin and basis of your own beliefs - a false claim of prophecy and vision from Margaret McDonald of something completely unknown to anyone before. It is seriously disturbing to me to think that folks who claim to be Christian believe things like this and let it supplant clear Scripture. Your faith is based on a false prophecy from a girl in Scotland, not on scripture.
You are mistaken in your assumptions regarding my beliefs and, I concur by the way with your position that, "One ought to be automatically suspicious of any new discovery in the Bible that was unknown for almost 2000 years." I concur even more, if that is possible with your statement that, "(God's Word is pretty understandable all by itself)". The word "sufficient" came to mind when I read that.

·
68,159 Posts
You are mistaken in your assumptions regarding my beliefs
They were not just assumptions from thin air. I thought it implicit in the tone of the post you wrote. If that is not what you meant, as it now appears, then fine, but the articles cited are still well worth reading if you have any interest in the subject of dispensational premillennialism, even if the author, Wayne Jackson (RIP), is not the definitive word on God's Word (something neither he nor I nor anybody else has ever claimed).

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
Time is short, fellow Christians. Be on the watch, for the Rapture is around the corner. No, I don't have the day or hour, but watch.
I think we, as Christians, need to understand that God does not usually remove His people from times of troubles but rather sees them through it. I could be wrong on the Big One yet to come though since He is God and can do whatever He likes.

Explicit time lines for future events aren't given in the Bible. Of course, the Bible mentions certain signs and such to watch for but nothing specific like "the rapture will occur Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 3:45pm." It also doesn't expressly teach one form of tribulationism over another. That's why there's such diverse opinions regarding the end times. So whether your position is pre, mid or posttribulational, all I'll say is enjoy the ride cause it's going to be frisky no matter what.

Reactions: TimBob and Bkite

·
68,159 Posts
The "diverse opinion" being offered is relatively recent in origin and comes from Scottish lass Margaret McDonald's prophetic vision, not from scripture. Certain versus were ripped violently from their context (and others ignored entirely) to try to support it after the fact.

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
The diverse opinions I referred to don't include this Margaret McDonald person. Actually I've never heard of her until now.

·
68,159 Posts
Of course you haven't heard of her. My postings above are an attempt at a little bit of education for any reading here who might be interested in learning.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Of course you haven't heard of her. My postings above are an attempt at a little bit of education for any reading here who might be interested in learning.
When I attended Catholic school (1st-8th grade), I had kind of an unusual classmate: a Jewish girl. I mostly remember her from my 6th grade religion class.

(Why was a Jewish girl in Catholic school? I have no idea. If I had to guess, I would guess it was the only religious school in the area? Still... but anyway, I digress!)

To say she ran rings around the rest of the class in scriptural knowledge would be a major understatement; she was Hank Aaron to our Little League team. And not just to Old Testament; I remember reading Matthew that year, and friends and I laughing at how gross it was that John ate locusts, and of course she would weigh in with lore about the life and times of Jewish mystics and their deliberate privations in the Judean wilderness (and indeed, in later years I discovered that there is extensive commentary on the New Testament in Hebraica and Talmudic scholarship, so the New Testament probably was more familiar to her than it was to us.)

But of course, perhaps the least aware of their own faith are Christians, who lack a tradition of scholarship (in comparison with Jews and Muslims - even the most secular, unobservant Jew or Muslim is a deep scholar of their religion), and of those, the Evangelicals take the cake. They are their own intrinsic false preachers.

I would be very, very surprised if an American Evangelical "christian" had any familiarity with Biblical history or commentary of any kind, whether it be Irving or MacDonald, Augustine, Tillich, Weil, or anyone.

It's a brand. That's it.

DH

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,459 Posts
I wrote a long paper as part of an independent study on dispensationalism back in grad school.

MP is correct with his history of dispensational escatology.

Today, the center of dispensational theology is at Dallas Theological Seminary.

Irony: Dispensationalism today teaches that all prophetic utterances ceased after the New Testament was written.

Double Irony: Many pentecostal churches follow dispensational theology's escatology!

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,720 Posts
Reactions: TimBob

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,459 Posts
Triple irony: I can't spell eschatology, and I don't wanna talk about scatology!

101 - 120 of 121 Posts