At least one is completely wrong.

Nemo

Nope, never...
All over again.

Nemo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Biden is a wreck, always has been, if you think Trump was bad for the working people than your probably not tuned in, so, Ted wasn’t always my favorite but im warming up to him

Senator Ted Cruz. By signing this order, President Biden indicates that he’s more interested in the views of the citizens of Paris than in the jobs of the citizens of Pittsburgh. Rejoining the Paris agreement isn’t about ‘restoring America’s leadership abroad’ or ‘solving the climate crisis,’ but instead it is about Democrats’ plans to destroy jobs they don’t like—including thousands of manufacturing jobs—and cede control of our energy future to other countries. America’s ‘commitment’ to the Paris Climate Agreement will be used by the Biden administration as justification for a whole litany of new executive actions and burdensome federal regulations to shape our energy and environmental policy—which will burden American families, manufacturers, and businesses with higher energy costs at a time when they are already struggling.

If the Biden administration believes that rejoining the agreement is something the American people should support, then he should submit the Paris Climate Agreement to the Senate as a treaty and let the people decide through their elected representatives. But he knows that it would fail. So like his Democratic predecessor, President Biden is governing by executive fiat.

Without the Paris Climate Agreement, the United States has led the world in emissions reductions. Likewise, the United States over the last 50 years has dramatically reduced the levels of some of the most harmful pollutants and improved the air quality for all Americans, while at the same time helping more people get better paying jobs and improving their lives.

Rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement will do little to affect the climate, and will harm the livelihoods of everyday Americans all across the country. I’ll continue working with my colleagues to fight for blue-collar workers and to defend America’s energy independence.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Reactions: Bkite

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
If the Biden administration believes that rejoining the agreement is something the American people should support, then he should submit the Paris Climate Agreement to the Senate as a treaty and let the people decide through their elected representatives. But he knows that it would fail. So like his Democratic predecessor, President Biden is governing by executive fiat.
If this was a quote, it needs to be attributed. Regardless, Congress did vote on it in 1992.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,695 Posts
Reactions: Bkite

·
PawPaw x 3
8,322 Posts
So, there is this, in my opinion insane, push to impeach Trump even though he is no longer in office.
Those legal minds here whose business it is to stay abreast of such matters could answer a question for me if you would.
Is there any Constitutional basis/authority for this action?
If it is not Constitutionally authorized, what actions can be taken, by those who wish to see Americans treated Constitutionally, to thwart this action?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Some say yes, some say no. Legal minds disagree and there is nothing that those who wish to see Americans treated Constitutionally can do to thwart this action except vote those you disagree with out of office and replace with some people you agree with.

·
PITA
220 Posts
^^ Spoken by someone who said that Trump should be impeached for criminal acts.

Hmmmm, I wonder - did the chief hemorrhoid of GPDO actually vote for Biden?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
The reason to impeach him now would be the majority vote accompanying an impeachment guilty verdict to prohibit him from holding office in the future.

It has been done in the past, but not involving a former president.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,695 Posts
And the reason it's never been done to a former president is because the Constitution does not allow for it. Impeachment is for a sitting president only. Justice Roberts will not preside over that farce. Don't doubt me.

The reason to impeach him now would be the majority vote accompanying an impeachment guilty verdict to prohibit him from holding office in the future.

It has been done in the past, but not involving a former president.

·
PITA
220 Posts
I don't remember the conversation. Who is "she" ? But, no matter.... what does that have to do with anything I said on here ?
Don't ask me who you meant by "she". My point was that you said Trump should be impeached, which you wrongly denied, and I thought that you probably also voted for Biden.

My point about you saying that Trump should be impeached is from this thread: https://www.georgiapacking.org/threads/reasonableness-and-the-republican-party.282107/

I recalled that from back then, and it stuck with me.

You seem to get mentally lost, easily. Chill out, as that is natural.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Don't ask me who you meant by "she". My point was that you said Trump should be impeached, which you wrongly denied, and I thought that you probably also voted for Biden.

You seem to get mentally lost, easily. Chill out, as that is natural.
I just don't know the context of what you are referring to. But if it makes you feel better than knock yourself out. You must need to get a real life if you can keep up what others post on here and be able to find them.

Have a great day !

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
And the reason it's never been done to a former president is because the Constitution does not allow for it. Impeachment is for a sitting president only. Justice Roberts will not preside over that farce. Don't doubt me.
Sounds like will know soon unless the Speaker changes her mind about sending the articles over to the Senate.

Section 3 of the 14th can accomplish the same, especially if Trump happens to be found guilty of any criminal charges related to January 6th or possibly if found liable in civil suits.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts