Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, with Sessions as AG, what approach do you think the feds will take with states that have legalized recreational MJ, or medical for that matter?
I believe the GOP platform had a plank denouncing efforts to normalize MJ laws.
Will they take a "jack-booted" approach or a "it's state rights" approach and let it be?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Knowing Republicans it will probably be jack boot

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know Christie was certainly leaning that way if he had gotten the nod for AG.

Unfortunately, when it comes to cultural war issues, "states rights" depend on which side of the issue you're on (and that goes for both sides).

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
Senator Jeff Sessions has an excellent record supporting gun rights - I wonder if he will help influence President Trump to help untangle the web of Federal infringement of our rights.

Let's hope he also helps get rid of gun ownership/carry restrictions on those who need medical Mary Jane.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I worry about the same thing, but pot is already so normalized, it would be very costly-politically-to do a massive crackdown on users and dispensaries. I really hope Sessions isn't a WoD Republican ideologue of the past. The fact that he's from AL makes the odds 'high'.

·
Cross-drawer
7,332 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.