Featured Trump Moves to Ban Bump Stocks

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Feb 20, 2018.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

If the ATF just admitted, in September, that they have no statutory authority to redefine terms under the NFA or GCA, why did they believe they had such authority back in March when various lawsuits were filed?

I find it hard to believe that all those other lawsuits didn't touch on the ATF's supposed statutory authority or lack of it. I distinctly remember at least one or two lawsuits specifically claiming that only Congress had the authority to change the statutory definitions and that the ATF was overstepping its authority.

Then the new kid on the block, the NCLA (founded in 2017), discovers a point of law that none of the other plaintiffs nor their attorneys knew about? What am I missing here?

2. 1911

1911 7 Year Member

You internet guys were never correct to blame President Trump.

The Courts have now said this is an illegal act. No ****.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Please elaborate. I am having a great deal of difficulty figuring out what it is that you are trying to say.

What "internet guys?"

They blamed Trump for what, and why is the blame incorrect?

Courts, which ones? These courts said "this" (what is this?) is an illegal act . . . what?

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

You need the secret decoder ring to get the message. Eat more of that cereal, and look for the little cellophane -wrapped toy at the bottom!

5. moe mensale

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/6/bump-stock-ban-failure-omen-gun-buyback-plan/
    I hope the politicians - of any flavor - and the gun grabber groups are paying really close attention to what's going on with their latest "ban." It's no different than what's happened in CT, NY and any other place where item "X" was banned. They just don't learn or are oblivious to the reality of the situation.

I imagine that should Feinstein, Blumenthal, Beto and the rest of the commies democrats along with the assorted RINOs actually try to register and/or confiscate semi-automatic firearms, they'll be greeted with this and possibly worse.

[​IMG]

6. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

You Think
    “It telegraphs, quite frankly, that if a Beto O’Rourke-type confiscation scheme ever got passed, that at best they’d have a fractional percent of people actually turning them in,”

7. moe mensale

8. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

What? Who's going to enact legally binding legislation then? Congress? How's that going to work? They don't know how to do that.

9. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

This makes me wonder if the Post Office's rule on no guns is now nulled.

The actual Federal statue allows for guns in Post Offices for "lawful purposes".