Featured Trump Moves to Ban Bump Stocks

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

GPAdmin likes this.
  4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Don’t worry, the Gaggling Geese Organization is all over it.

Their leader did a Facebook Live broadcast. His headline was that Trump announced a ban. He said that if the geese send him more money he can fight it.

Maybe he will even do another petition. He likes those.

AtlPhilip and EJR914 like this.
  5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

GlockGary, AtlPhilip and EJR914 like this.
  6. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Oh no, they did not. They are a wholesome organization, looking out for our best interests. They do not exist only to make huge sums of money in a very profitable business. They are a true, grassroots organization who is hurting for money, and needs more just to stay afloat. Because they are fighting the good fight. All for us. Frenchie Boy and Chris Cocks are just trying to make a decent living so they can get up every day with a clear conscience that they are not duping a whole bunch of very gullible people who keep merely lining their pockets.

And today is Opposite Day. Turning off my sarcasm now.

I haven't given them a dime in a couple of years. And never will again, until they start doing what they purport to do.

EJR914 and Mrs_Esterhouse like this.
  7. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

EJR914 and Aleksfoxtrot like this.
  8. Mrs_Esterhouse

Please stop funding the NRA.

Please start funding GOA.

https://gunowners.org/

The Capitol Hill switchboard is 202-224-3121.

[​IMG]

Your Senators need to know that the majority of Americans still support the 2nd Amendment ... that they don’t want any gun control “lite” infringements in response to what happened in Florida ... and that we want an end to gun-free school zones (H.R. 34).

9. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I'm a member of GOA and the SAF.

I'm confident my dollars to them are much better spent than they would be to the NRA.

NTA and EJR914 like this.
  10. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 2

I've not renewed in a while. I probably think you should curb your verbal assault on the good members here who have chosen to support them. Calling them fools is not a good thing.

11. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Fool is defined as "a person who acts unwisely or imprudently". I think it's a fitting word for those who continue to fund the NRA.

EJR914 and Mrs_Esterhouse like this.
  12. Aleksfoxtrot

Aleksfoxtrot Active Member

"The 8 year assault against your second amendment has come to a crashing end...."
    Year later...
    "Psych!!!"

13. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

I prefer think of them as gullible, rather than the harsh and hurtful word foolish. Last time I joined the NRA, it was just to up their membership roster by one, for political clout. Not to give them money, which they most certainly do not need. But I have come to realize that me lining their pockets further goes against my principles too much. Especially when they sell us out, just so they can make more money. But that is one of the things that made America - getting rich by convincing people to fall for gimmicks.

14. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I am an NRA member. No, I do not support everything the NRA, especially the NRA-ILA does. I don’t send extra donations to the NRA-ILA.

I do support them for their support of the Boy Scouts, training programs, safety programs, and competitions.

This does not make me a fool.

mog and janedoedad like this.
  15. Mrs_Esterhouse

Your money is being used to undermine gun rights. You're no fool, but funding an organization actively working with the President, ATF and DOJ to institute a new ban as the solution for mass shootings is fool-ish.

16. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Remember the very recent (January 2018 ) ATF Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding bump stocks and the definition of machine guns?

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=ATF_FRDOC_0001-0035

Here's Trump's official Presidential Memorandum. Read it carefully.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...-machinegun-bump-fire-stocks-similar-devices/

17. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 2

May be fitting but possibly alienating also considering the fact that we here are assumed to be on the same page in regards to gun rights. I guess you can put forth some alternatives to the NRA rather than just calling NRA supporters fools.

janedoedad likes this.
  18. Mrs_Esterhouse

19. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I get it, people don't want to be called a "fool" since apparently it's a "harsh" and "hurtful" (Really? If so, this is pussification to the highest level), but if you were to say, "it is unwise to support the NRA" or "it is imprudent to support the NRA", is the meaning different? I don't think that it is. I am not going to argue semantics and I don't think the word "fool" is alienating. We all do support gun rights...that doesn't mean that we will agree on how that accomplished.

20. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If it walks and quacks like a duck, treat it like a duck.

From what I’ve seen on numerous internet videos, bump-fire or slide-fire stocks really do let AR and AK rifles shoot at rates similar to full auto, even faster than some well-respected military automatic rifles like the Browning BAR.

I don’t think Trump is anti-gun or a sellout or traitor for wanting to regulate what is basically a machinegun conversion kit like it was a machinegun itself, which HAVE been strictly regulated for the last 84 years.

Edited to add:
    A friend just got a Slide-Fire stock (generation 2).
    He knows what full auto fire is; he's shot my machinegun and we've both rented full autos at indoor ranges in the past.
    He reports that his slide fire / bump fire stock is EASY to use, easy to make a rapid-fire mag dump at almost full auto rates of fire, and easy to learn to make short bursts with-- just 2 or 3 rounds.

His stock also has a setting to disable the reciprocating movement, to make it shoot only single shots no matter how you pull the stock.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    DCN1 and mog like this.