Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Says the organized crime syndicate, that's being investigated by multiple law enforcement agencies, about law enforcement.
All managed by the organized crime syndicate to satisfy the masses.

Nemo

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes, you are different and incorrect. Your citation is definitions.

Look below.

Nemo

The Supreme Court determined in its 1988 decision on Department of the Navy v. Egan that the president’s power over classified information comes from executive authority granted by Article II, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution, which says, in part, that the “President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States.”

“His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security and to determine whether an individual is sufficiently trustworthy to occupy a position in the Executive Branch that will give that person access to such information flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant,” the Supreme Court decision reads.
Doesn't the SCOTUS decision imply that the person still occupies a position in the Executive Branch?

The debate seems to center around whether the documents he had in his possession were classified while Trump maintains that he declassified them while he was the President. The bigger question seems to me to be what need did Private Citizen Trump have for information that was/is/should have been classified? What possible need could he have had for it that I, any of us here, or any other citizen in the United States didn't have?

Perhaps he could and did (as President) issue himself a "get out of jail free" card and that may hold sway with the courts, but perhaps the electorate should hold him to a higher standard. Secrets are secret for a reason.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
So when I get to be prez and decide to declassify and publicize all the info on Aliens, Area 51, Vulcans, Romulans, and all the rest I should not do that? Because the world would freak out and it would destroy the basis of most religious beliefs on this planet.

Or should I go ahead and expose because of the public general right to know.

Who decides?

Doesn't the SCOTUS decision imply that the person still occupies a position in the Executive Branch?
That implication is irrelevant. He was President when they were removed and declassified.

The bigger question seems to me to be what need did (Private Citizen see above) Trump have for information that was/is/should have been classified? What possible need could he have had for it that I, any of us here, or any other citizen in the United States didn't have?
As is part of the Office of President, whoever is there at the time has final authority to classify or declassify any information he deems appropriate for whatever reason he deems appropriate.

Nemo

Reactions: Smilodon

·
Registered
218 Posts
As is part of the Office of President, whoever is there at the time has final authority to classify or declassify any information he deems appropriate for whatever reason he deems appropriate.

Nemo
So he posted all of those documents for the re
So when I get to be prez and decide to declassify and publicize all the info on Aliens, Area 51, Vulcans, Romulans, and all the rest I should not do that? Because the world would freak out and it would destroy the basis of most religious beliefs on this planet.

Who decides?

That implication is irrelevant. He was President when they were removed and declassified.

Nemo
So there was such a need to know (for everyone) that he posted all of this on the internet for all the world to see, and we can judge for ourselves. Or, was he planning to keep it all for himself for his own benefit? I liked his policies too, but I expect him to abide by not only the letter of the law but the spirit as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Who decides?

Nemo
So are y'all saying the president can declassify top secret documents and do as he will with them. That don't hold water. The military set plans to ward of an invasion and the president decides to declassify this and sale it to the enemy and that is within his power. NAH. tRump had a reason for keeping this info question. What was the reason.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
It may not hold water but it is the law.

Nemo

Reactions: Smilodon

·
Registered
171 Posts

Who decides?

Nemo
Who did the documents belong to? If they were the property of tRump then the DOJ is wrong. If they belonged to the people then he stole them and that is one more crime he is guilty of. Simple he stole them or he didn't.

·
Registered
16,085 Posts
Generally speaking, once the president declassifies something, it becomes part of the public domain. However, there's lots of declassified information that does not automatically become publicly available or subject to Freedom of Information Act requests. Eg, certain banking information, attorney-client communications, some diplomatic communications, information deemed privileged by a court proceeding, etc.

Reactions: Phil1979

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Who did the documents belong to? If they were the property of tRump then the DOJ is wrong. If they belonged to the people then he stole them and that is one more crime he is guilty of. Simple he stole them or he didn't.
They are govt documents. But one of several (at least) copies. They were his copies, appropriately declassified and kept with his records. No crime there.

Try again?

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Just NOPE. Anyway according to you and followers tRump can do no crime. Just like North Koreas dictator.
Sorry, NOPE don't make it.

Go ahead. Don't look up. Keep trying to not see what is actually there.

I think a movie on that premise came out recently.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
No, I am better educated than you and can see the truth (real truth, not MY truth, for details on that ask the Veep) and understand what is actually out there to be understood. Rather than some unknowing, govt statement accepting individual who believes only what they are told to believe.

Nemo

101 - 120 of 131 Posts