Trump claims victory and wants all "voting stopped"

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by HJB, Nov 4, 2020.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I think we need to go back to a national election day. Not a week. Not a month. Not a season. Not anything except a single day. Make the day a national paid holiday. Absentee ballots accepted no later than that day. No same day registration. Valid ID requirement. Paper ballots that leave an actual audit trail. And the results don't have to be declared by 9:30PM that night. Screw the networks and their "expert desks" and other bullshit.

phantoms, Smilodon, TimBob and 3 others like this.
  2. moe mensale

Does Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger understand what a conflict of interest is? Apparently not. That's OK though cause ol' Brad said they didn't find any signs of fraud anywhere. Good thing, huh?:popcorn:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/firm-...f&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2020-12-04

Phil1979 likes this.

3. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

4. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

5. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

6. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

He seems very professional but most importantly she is cute. I vote 'true' :p.

Bkite likes this.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

You realize comments like that in the real world would get you labeled a racist, sexist, pig don't you?

Nemo

Bkite likes this.
  8. moe mensale

So let’s see. Biden stays in his basement for almost the entire election season only coming out occasionally to make statements that make you scratch your head. And he pulls off what has been called the greatest presidential election win ever seen in the entire known or unknown universe.

By far even more impressive than the 1964 Johnson/Goldwater blowout, the 1972 Nixon/McGovern blowout (my first presidential vote), the 1980 Reagan/Carter blowout and the 1984 Reagan/Mondale blowout. :righton:

And yet, Ol’ Joe somehow didn’t have the down ballot pull to keep Nancy Pelosi from having her ass handed to her and pretty much lose what was a rubber stamp US House. How odd. But nobody finds it odd or even talks about it. That’s even odder. :popcorn:

2018 – 235 Dems, 199 Reps, advantage Dems of 36.*
    2020 – 222 Dems, 212 Reps, advantage Dems of 10.*
    * Numbers may be off 1 or 2 for various reasons.

Bkite likes this.
  9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...ats-down-gop-lawsuit-decertify-biden-n1250255

MICHIGAN
    In the Michigan case, U.S. District Judge Linda Parker for the Eastern District of Michigan said the allegations of fraud were based on “nothing but speculation and conjecture." She added that the closest the lawsuit got to alleging that ballots cast for Trump were changed by the voting machinery to votes for Biden is this statement in an affidavit: “I believe some of these workers were changing votes that had been cast for Donald Trump and other Republican candidates.”

But the judge said “a belief is not evidence” and falls short of the kind of allegation necessary to support the motion to undo certification. The claims amounted to “an amalgamation of theories, conjecture, and speculation that such alterations were possible,” she said.
    . . .

GEORGIA
    "They ask the court to order the secretary of state to decertify the election results, as if such a mechanism exists. And I find that it does not," he said.

Batten also said the lawsuit sought a sweeping order invalidating the election results.

"They want this court to substitute its judgment for that of 2.5 million Georgia voters who voted for Joe Biden, and this I am unwilling to do," he said.

By mid-afternoon Monday, Powell had not said whether she would appeal either decision.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who re-certified Biden's election victory in the state Monday, said in response to the dismissal of the case that it was "an important day for election integrity in Georgia and across the country."

Referring to Powell's vow to "release the Kraken" with her lawsuits, Raffensperger, a Republican, said those claims "prove to be as mythological as the creature for which they’re named. Georgians can now move forward knowing that their votes, and only their legal votes, were counted accurately, fairly and reliably.”​

10. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

11. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

December 8th. "Safe Harbor" deadline is midnight.

I must admit, Trump's super-secret army/quantum computing satellite/blockchain-encryption-watermarked-ballot thing/trap/plan has certainly been well-hidden in the wings!... so, like, when is this trap being sprung? Today?

Looking dicey, otherwise:

"His top legal surrogate, Rudy Giuliani, has been hospitalized with Covid-19. Judges appointed by presidents of both parties have skewered Trump’s legal rationale, and state legislative leaders, including Republicans, have disavowed Trump’s attempts to overturn the election results. And many of Trump’s own aides have begun looking past his presidency and toward a post-Trump Washington."
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...KP8EEaJ1uYa4xkkVWGgoPlrzzbb3UX1VWe2YDDP13lVrs

Such a subtle trap! Definitely have the popcorn on standby here at the office.

DH

12. Billennium

“The state of Texas, aiming to help President Donald Trump upend the results of the U.S. election, said on Tuesday it has filed suit against the states of Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin at the Supreme Court, calling changes they made to election procedures amid the coronavirus pandemic unlawful.”

Source:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN28I27I

13. Billennium

TimBob likes this.
  14. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

"The Supreme Court has rejected a bid by a Republican member of Congress and other GOP activists to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s win in Pennsylvania."

Well, that door's shut.

So... about that secret Army (&etc) sting operation?... when's that being sprung? Are they going for that action movie "one second left on the timer" scene?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...to-overturn-bidens-win-in-pennsylvania-443751

DH

15. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

I've read several times that the Supreme Court rejected the PA challenge with a single sentence, but can't seem to find a quote of that single sentence anywhere. You would think the articles that references the rejection would have quoted the court's response, but none seemed to do so. Does anyone have it?

Edit - I found it.

"The application for injunctive relief presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied," the order said. None of the nine justices indicated a dissent.

16. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

"None of the nine justices indicated a dissent."

This is the best news I've read in months: we actually do have a judiciary which will defend the Constitution and do their job, politics-be-damned.

I guess the GOP will just have to keep trying to create a corruptible Supreme Court justice...

DH

17. Billennium

18. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

"The application for injunctive relief presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied"

Well, IANAL, both that seems to say that they will not "rush to hear the case" (provide injunctive relief) but may still consider it at a later date.

Legal minds, feel free to jump in here.