Trump Cabinet

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by UtiPossidetis, Nov 9, 2016.

1. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Lots of issues to resolve in Draining the Swamp and getting good people into positions to fight the entrenched life-tenure bureaucrats is critical.

Treasury - Mnuchin (Private Sector: Goldman Sachs, Dune Capital Management)

State - Gingrich, Corker (mistake for a lot of reasons), Bolton

Defense - Sessions, Hadley, Talent, and an outside (need to get Congress to waive the law) for Flynn (my money is on Natl Sec Adviser for him)

Attorney General - Giuliani (Please G*d)

Interior - Lucas (it would be poetic justice for an Oil Executive to hold this post)

Agriculture - Honestly, hard to care. But Miller of Texas would sure light some fires.

Commerce - So many to choose from and this will be a key position under Trump. Lots of choices and too many known associates that would be great at this job.

Labor - Looks to be going to Lipnic who was at Labor in the past, is on the EEOC, and is female.

HHS - will have to deal with the Obamacare debacle and its aftermath. Not a job for the fainthearted at all. Carson is a great idea but not sure if he has the assertiveness to deal with the lobbyists, hangers on, and entrenched life-tenure bureaucrats.

Energy - Hamm

Education - shut it down, kill it, drive a steak through its heart,

VA - Miller, who was the chairman of the House VA Committee and has retired from the house as I understand it.

Homeland Security - kill it too, but Clarke from Milwaukee seems a likely choice.

EPA - Kill it too. Ebell, a global warming realist, is the highest profile candidate.

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

3. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

A Trump cabinet will either have TRUMP on it or at least a big T.

4. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Mnuchin is tight with Soros. Is that who we really want in treasury?

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I thought of Carson for HHS - he'd be the obvious choice. And it's about time a pro-life person led that department.

6. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I also don't like Giuliani for AG. After all, there were no terror attacks in the US before barack Obama.

Maybe Cruz for AG?

7. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

This.

How about Trey Gowdy?

8. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Cruz and Gowdy need to stay where they are right now.

9. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Absolutely. Moving Senators out of a 51-49 senate isn't a great idea.

10. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

And these guys thought a New York liberal billionaire real estate crook was really "anti-establishment?" :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Attached Files:

11. EJR914

9/11?

12. EJR914

Trey Gowdy would make a kick butt AG though

13. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Are you going to live long enough to accept the fact this election is over?

Just because someone has a liberal friend, relative or is liberal themselves doesn't mean they are a bad choice for a job. This guy is pretty sharp and knows what he's doing. Yet you have to find a way to mock the people on this forum about trump every chance you get. It's over, grow up, get over it and move on.

14. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

Ron Paul for Secretary of State?

15. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Yeah, hadn't considered that. Good call.

16. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The Senate is so focused on seniority that substituting a newbie for a 2nd -3rd - or 4th term senator is a real step down in that old boys club.

17. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

wish list

Treasury - Clark Howard

State - Nobody. Do the damn job himself. Trump can handle it.

Defense - Carlos "Chuck" Norris

Attorney General - Sam Olens
    (he doesn't need to be running a college anyway).

Interior
    - Who's the head editor of Field & Stream magazine? Yeah, that person.

Agriculture - Nobody. Close the office. Let all the farmers' cooperatives and agri-businesses propose changes to law and federal policy, and let Trump hire a consulting service to review all proposals and explain the good and bad of each scheme. Then Trump himself decides Executive matters and let Congress read the consultants' and interested businesses' reports and decide what to do on the legislative side.

As P.J. O'Rourke famously said, this is a department that needs to be led behind the barn and killed with an axe.

Commerce - Appoint two as co-chairs of this cabinet post: Bill Gates and the head of TRW. I want heavy manufacturing to be part of this too, not just technology based on all Chinese-made products.

Labor - some recently retired VP of Human Resources with an impressive resume and record of accomplishments in the real world.

HHS - Dr. Phil. Get him off the TV and put him to work for real. He seems to have a lot of common sense and a good moral compass. That's all I expect.

Energy - Hmmm... lemme think on this one.

Education - Larry the Liquidator (from the movie "Other People's Money.") Close it, fire or reassign the Dep't of Education's staff, and outsource the core function of monitoring and reporting on the state of education in America to some consulting firm. Let that firm make reports and recommendations to the President and Congress.

VA -

Homeland Security - Oliver North (Lt. Col. USMC (Ret.))

EPA - Nobody. Shut it down and let industry insiders, anti-business watchdog groups, and an independent consultant all make observations and proposals directly to the President and Congress.

18. DKW

DKW Active Member

I read somewhere that Palin was being considered for Interior. God I hope not. As far as I am concerned she can go back to Alaska and never be heard from again.

As for Carson, I believe he would be better as Surgeon General.

19. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Press Secretary: Milo Yiannopoulos

20. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

:rotfl:It would NOT be dull.