Trump Anti-2A?

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by EJR914, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Are you Pro-2A? Are you voting for Trump?

And those voting for Trump are still calling themselves Pro-2A people? Donald Trump literally wants to take your gun away.

Getting back to his anti-2nd Amendment roots, Trump calls for a nationwide gun confiscation program administered by the Police.

The only pro-2nd Amendment candidate on the ballot is Gary Johnson. Be Absolute 2nd Amendment with me and #votelibertarian. #LetGaryDebate #LegalizeFreedom

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-for-police-to-take-guns-away-during-stop-and

https://youtu.be/aHEqvgHwcP4

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

"stop -and - frisk" is supposed to be a term that applies to what cops do AFTER they have already observed (or been told) enough information about a person that the cops ALREADY have "reasonable suspicion" that the person is a criminal, and that a deadly weapon or stolen property or other contraband is contained in that person's clothing or what he or she is carrying.

"Stop and Frisk" is not (not supposed to be) just stopping people willy-nilly on a bare hunch, or herding people through metal detectors en masse in public places.

If Trump supports THAT sort of stop-and-frisk, it's much more of a 4TH AMENDMENT violation than a 2nd Amd. one (since Trump supports the right to carry with a license, and thinks regular private citizens should be able to get handgun carry permits).

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

When Donald Trump says he wants to catch people carrying guns on the streets, I think and assume he means ILLEGAL GUNS, carried by people who are already breaking the law by carrying without any permit or license.

Here's a cut-and-paste on the subject of weapons carry permits from Trump's own website:

NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Trump was referring to the epidemic of black on black crime specifically in cities like Chicago. And with reasonable suspicion. He wasn't referring to a general national policy in complete violation of the 4th Amendment.

But nice misdirection there! :righton:

5. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

So your going to vote for kiliary because third party sounds great but not going to win.

6. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

And everyone knows the 4th Amendment doesn't apply in Chicago. :righton:

7. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Wow. First CC candidate that admits to such that I can think of in like ever and you're trying to convince people he's anti-2A. Just...Wow!

If you truly want anarchy then my suggestion is to vote for Hillary. Sure, first you get more dictatorial level executive action, but that is likely to lead to a breakdown of the federal government and possible open revolt. That would in turn likely lead to the anarchy that some here seem to actually advocate in all but name.

8. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I have already pointed this out, numerous times, in another thread, and was told I wasn't able to do simple math.

9. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Like most politicians, he approves of guns for himself...

"When I said that if, within the Orlando club, you had some people with guns, I was obviously talking about additional guards or employees"

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 20, 2016

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Not even close to the first. Teddy Roosevelt concealed illegally and admitted it.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why is the policy of local police departments an issue for the President of the United States to address? I am going to have to read Article II of the Constitution of the United States of America again to find out, I suppose.

12. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

Please report back what you find. :)

13. EJR914

There's no misdirection there he said that in any City where there is a lot of black on black shootings that he supports stop and frisk and taking their guns away so that includes Atlanta and maybe even cities like Augusta and Macon in Georgia.

14. EJR914

Nice try at derailing the thread and making it about me but sorry to break it to you this thread isn't about me this is about the people that continue to say that they're pro-second Amendment but in return support someone who is obviously not pro 2nd Amendment and he said so his entire life and it's only recently changed their opinions and then now a tough question comes up he immediately goes to destroying the Fourth Amendment and taking away the Second Amendment of many people in many cities all across the country.

I don't think that any of these Trump supporters are as Pro 2nd Amendment as they would like us to believe or as they purport.

15. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Didn't some court in NYC end their S&F policy? Something about some couple amendments to something or other?

Nemo

16. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Trump often speaks on things that he knows very little about. His knowledge is thin on just about everything, think Newsweek or Time magazine knowledge, maybe less, like FB or USA Today articles. He doesn't know the Constitution, nor does he seem to want to know it. Trump speaks and then backtracks all the time. He is trying to backtrack now. Trump learns by just blurting stuff out. It is the way his campaign has gone. However, does anyone think that Trump is going to direct police depts across the country on Terry stops? Does Trump even think it?

It's not a serious question, that Trump is or is not better than Hillary on the 2A. Trump isn't great, he could still stumble, but he is better on this issue than Hillary. He will certainly be better, has to be, than Hillary, on SCOTUS picks. Yes, it's a hope only, but it's a more valid hope, than a Hillary set of picks.

One of these folks will be president on Nov. 9th. There is no way to get around that fact.

17. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Savannah is probably top of the list for cities like that in Georgia. They have a shooting just about every day there now. I don't even like going past Pooler anymore.

18. EJR914

The only way Hillary could ever possibly lose this election would be if large amounts of Trump supporters realized how terrible of a candidate he is and turned around and supported Gary Johnson that's the only way that anybody other than Hillary is going to win this election. So technically this is your fault has nothing to do with me.

19. EJR914

Yes if you look at the electorial College votes of presidents are actually elected you'll see that Trump has no chance to win this election in the Hillary is going to win it by a landslide, and the only way that everybody could even keep Hillary out of the White House would be if a large number of trump supporters switched and started voting for Gary Johnson that is literally your only hope to keeping Hillary out of office.

20. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Let's roll our minds back to September of 2008. Let's imagine what this discussion would be like if the news story was, "Chicago community organizer candidate for President Barack Obama announced his support for 'Stop and Frisk' in any city in the nation that is experiencing a large amount of black-on-black crime."

Can you honestly tell me that you wouldn't be in this thread ripping him to shreds?

Vote for who you want. I'm not trying to discourage you from voting for whomever you desire. But the blinders that so many Trump supporters have on with regards to his obvious liberal leanings is astounding. All I'm asking (and I imagine all EJR is asking) is that you recognize what you're voting for. Trump claims support for the 2A, but then publicly supports an anti-2A, anti-4A measure like "Stop and Frisk".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.