Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need someone's insight as to whether this is a logical thought or a gun freak's daydream...

Does anyone think that Glock would grasp the idea of me painting my truck black and silver with the logo on both doors and 'Glock Perfection' on the tailgate and pay for the paintjob? If not, would they let me do it myself?

Or is this one of those things where I have to call the company and ask?

Thank ya,

-GC-

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think you should make this a poll. In case it matters, I'd vote gun freak...

If you want to use their logos you should seek their permission.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I don't think "gun freak" but rather "theft victim" when you have to disarm and leave your piece in the car somehow.

If you need a new paintjob and they are willing to pick up the tab however, go for it.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
They probably won't pay for the paint job, but I'd imagine they'd have no problem with it.

I'd don't like to advertise anything on my truck, but that is just personal preference.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shotdown... hahaha - I called Glock and spoke to the legal department.

The lady informed me that they reserve the logo being put onto vehicle for dealers and law enforcement personnel only. She said that the 'average joe' would face legal punishment if they were to incorporate the Glock logo onto their personal vehicles. So... there goes that idea.

But it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
You should ask her for their shipping address so you can return all of your items as you will be switching to Sig. :wink:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
GunCrazed said:
Shotdown... hahaha - I called Glock and spoke to the legal department.

The lady informed me that they reserve the logo being put onto vehicle for dealers and law enforcement personnel only. She said that the 'average joe' would face legal punishment if they were to incorporate the Glock logo onto their personal vehicles. So... there goes that idea.

But it doesn't hurt to ask.
Is doing a paintjob the same thing as simply putting a decal on the car? I saw an "H&K Insurance" decal on a truck at school last semester.

·
Registered
964 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Is doing a paintjob the same thing as simply putting a decal on the car? I saw an "H&K Insurance" decal on a truck at school last semester.
Was it an H&K logo, or just the letters H&K?
If it's an H&K logo, and the sticker is made by someone that has authorization (read: licensing fees paid), H&K can do nothing about where the sticker is placed. If it's an illegally manufactured item, they can take action...

ie: if GunCrazed were to buy an officially licensed Glock poster, I think there is nothing they could do to prevent him from applying it to his car.

Pleas note I'm not a lawyer, so ymmv...

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
How about the GCO logo? :lol:
After it is selected of course....

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Cavediver said:
ptsmith24 said:
Was it an H&K logo, or just the letters H&K?
If it's an H&K logo, and the sticker is made by someone that has authorization (read: licensing fees paid), H&K can do nothing about where the sticker is placed. If it's an illegally manufactured item, they can take action...

ie: if GunCrazed were to buy an officially licensed Glock poster, I think there is nothing they could do to prevent him from applying it to his car.

Pleas note I'm not a lawyer, so ymmv...
I can't recall, but I see what you're saying.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
How about the GCO logo? :lol:
I'll add a GCO bumper sticker to my collection the day they become available.

It'll join such gems as "Bain Mattox Rocks the Accordion" and "Real Men Wear Kilts," among others. :D

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
gsusnake said:
Time to make good with your promiss! :D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the painting of logos on vehicles being dedicated to approved dealers goes for most product

a client of mine sell supplements

here's a pic of his Hummer from a while ago
all the logos on his truck - I believe the company paid for & basically rented the space like a billboard

warning - don't go to his site - it sucks
I'm rebuiling it http://www.badasssupplements.com/

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
gsusnake said:
Time to make good with your promiss! :D
Soon as I go pick up my bonus check and get it deposited I'll order three.

plus a couple t shirts and whatever else I can find!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts