Truck holster mount

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by CJ39, Nov 3, 2010.

1. CJ39

CJ39 New Member

Anyone have holster mount in truck(auto)? What is best mount?

2. SAXD2003

SAXD2003 New Member

3. 87FieroGT

87FieroGT New Member

I’ve recently installed a steering wheel column holster mount in my wife’s car and plan on putting one in my truck this weekend. Works well for us. Very easy to install and you don’t need to use any screws. Just be sure you pick a holster that will give you the correct orientation for drawing the weapon. You can find them at some gun stores and online.

[​IMG]

4. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

I also use the Gumcreek in my car while driving (my XDm and Jericho get uncomfortably jammed between me and the console)... I hate the idea of leaving my gun loose on the seat or shoved up underneath. This is an excellent compromise between security and availability.

5. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Prepare to either hide it or get drawn down on if you get stopped by the law.

6. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

I was actually stopped about a week ago in Lawrenceville on my way to work.

The officer saw my car go past him and thought that he saw NO tag and pulled me over.
    There is NO doubt that as his spotlight checked the back of my car he caught the
    Georgia Carry sticker AND he realized that the "problem" was that the plexiglass over
    my tag was clouded and he couldn't see the tag.

When he walked up to the car, I had my hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel, window about 1/2 way down and
    the domelight on. He explained the concern about the tag and told me to correct it. He then got a call on
    the radio and had to leave. No request for a my license, no fishing expedition, just a polite request that I
    took care of in the office parking lot before I headed home from work.

No fuss... no muss.... Thank you Gwinnett County :D

7. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

I've got a 2009 Dodge Ram with the split bench seat. There's no real hidden spot on the dash or under the dash to mount anythingm but here's what I've been thinking. The cup holder flips down from the center of the dash, down closer to the tranny hump. I've been thinking of mounting a serpa underneath it so my M&P will be out of sight but easily accessible. I'm just not sure how long of a screw I can use without piercing the cupholder. Also would like to have some kind of interchangeable mount so I can switch between the Springer and the M&P. Anyone else with a Ram done anything like this?

8. fflintlock

fflintlock Active Member

Paddle holsters work good, if you have a door pocket, or between the steering column and the dash. Just clip it on there like you would if you were wearing it. That's the way I do it in my work truck, on the door pocket. I have a 20.00 Galco plastic paddle that works great for this.

9. hkfreak

hkfreak Guest

I also have the Gumcreek holster in my fj. I have been pulled over and the officer never noticed it. Maybe cuz he could not see it since My fl sits on 35's and a 6 in lift. lol :lol:

10. stevethecat

stevethecat New Member

Made this one myself.
    Fully adjustable for height.
    The holster can come off and you can mount anything with belt loops on it.
    Really hard to see from outside the truck. Even then you cant tell what it is unless you already know.
    Really easy to draw from drivers seat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]