Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,911 Posts
Ask Bobby Kennedy about it, oh that's right, you can't.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "UPDATE UPDATE" at the bottom of the article is accurate according to a source that was recently there. I can only share tidbits that are already news sources and of the trivia shared with me, this one was the only one that I could find a reference to on the internet.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,408 Posts
Yeah, figure a 22 in the elbow or knee. That would quickly change someones view on throwing Molotov cocktails for the rest of the day.

Nemo

·
American
3,289 Posts
Out of date article (and probably was when written). The IDF stopped deploying them in that role due to the users tendency to do center of mass shots when the weapon was intended for extremities as a "non-lethal" solution. Ask any big city ER doc - 22s are a nightmare to deal with in the human body.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Out of date article (and probably was when written). The IDF stopped deploying them in that role due to the users tendency to do center of mass shots when the weapon was intended for extremities as a "non-lethal" solution. Ask any big city ER doc - 22s are a nightmare to deal with in the human body.
The article may be considered out of date but the deployment of the Ruger for less lethal purposes is in fact an up to date option as of a couple days ago.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,408 Posts
And if the shooters timing is good the thrower gets broke elbow and broke Molotov at the same time.

Nemo

·
American
3,289 Posts
The article may be considered out of date but the deployment of the Ruger for less lethal purposes is in fact an up to date option as of a couple days ago.
My understanding is that it takes a Court order to allow its deployment now. Nonetheless, its been used for 20 years or so but with more and more restrictions over time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts