Trip to Savannah

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Claythrower, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Claythrower

Claythrower New Member

Hey everyone,

My Wife and I are planning a trip to Savannah and we would like to stay in the historical district. We both have our PA permits and plan on carrying on our trip. I do have a few questions before we get to far into the planning.

We usually stay at Bed and Breakfast's on our trips and we are a little worried that if we book one we will get down there and see the dreaded "no firearms" sign on the door. Anyone know if there are some that are pro CC for us permit holders? or should I just not worry about it?

Also, for the off chance that we decided to visit an establishment that does not allow CC while visiting, is there a safe out there that we can use for when we are out and about? I do have the plastic cases that will take a small padlock.

Im sure ill have a few more questions and ill add them as needed!

Thanks in advance
    Nate

PS: thank you to the gentleman the lead me here! not sure who you are lol

2. futureusr

futureusr A Typical Cat

3. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

"No firearms Allowed" signs do not carry legal weight in Georgia. Review Georgia laws at the top of this page.

You're fine to drive south, in all states, including West Virginia, but know each states laws. In South Carolina, you may have a loaded firearm in the car, but only in a compartment. The compartment need not be locked. You may also carry into your lodging, if you stay in the state, but why would anybody do that?

4. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

Continue to go about on your trip in concealed mode, and you'll be fine. :)

5. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Caution here! Pennsylvania does not have reciprocity with South Carolina. Per my previous post, you may drive through the state, but not much more.

Here's the reciprocity for PA licenses from Handgunlaws.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

6. Claythrower

Claythrower New Member

thanks for the response's guys. My Wife and I wont be traveling to SC for any reason, we are routing our trip to come from Chicago, through Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and end in Georgia. It adds about 45 min but that works for me! I just wanted to check with some locals so I know where I can go and who is a little more welcoming!

7. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

How are you going to get out of Illinois? :lol:

8. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I meant that they would be good to go here in GA.

It's too bad that SC and GA don't get along in this regard.. :? :|

9. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Thank the NRA for our not having reciprocity.

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I meant that they would be good to go here in GA.

It's too bad that SC and GA don't get along in this regard.. :? :|[/quote:1dzrziyf]

GA gets along, SC doesn't want to play.

11. Claythrower

Claythrower New Member

Pack up the truck and run for the hills lol, i actually live about 25 miles west of Chicago (thank god because im not dealing with a AWB city). its a pretty straight shot coming down from Chicago hit I65 through Indiana, then Louisville, Stop for the night and then on to Nashville and finally Savannah!

Our original plan was to go back out to Salem, Massachusetts (went there for our honeymoon last May) but realized carry was no option. So like the good consumer I am I'll bring my cash to a state that welcomes My Wife, Me, and both our permits!

12. mswicord

mswicord New Member

For your safety, make sure you carry while in our historic coastal city. Also, GA law allows you to carry in establishments that sells alcohol by the drink. Eat, drink and enjoy.

13. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

MY bad! I posted to the wrong thread. :oops:

14. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Did I miss something. Is he LEO or Active Duty or one of the other exemptions?

Bar carry on permit alone requires a bar that has approved carry (good luck with that). Restaurants and other establishments that serve alcohol in which the serving of alcohol is only incidental to the business are fine though. And there is no law against drinking while carrying, so if you want a drink with dinner or while attending a game, you're good to go.

15. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

+1 for KY

16. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

I gagged, and posted to the wrong thread. :oops: Thanks for catching that!

17. Claythrower

Claythrower New Member

once again guys thanks for the response's we are going to book a B&B pretty soon if i have any more questions ill post up!

18. 175FO

175FO Member

Have fun here in Savannah, hopefully the weather will warm up a bit before you get here. If you get a chance stop in at Patrick's gunrange we're about 10 minutes west from downtown Savannah.

19. Claythrower

Claythrower New Member

Im sure we will, as i sit here and type this out its about 15 degrees out and snowing! WOOHOO! Ill look up Patricks when we get down there, Any issue with out of state people purchasing ammo?

20. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Buy all of the ammo you want. Just don't clean us out.