Trial of Pasadena Officer Begins Tuesday

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Trial of Pasadena police officer begins today

2. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

Cop should have called *chp on his cell instead.

Would you stop for some stranger waving a gun at you and then some sort of badge from a car on a California road?

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

No, I would have kept going and called the cops myself.

4. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

I have (a badge, not a gun)! Back when I was younger my buddy and I were going to see Enter the Dragon in the Theater (yeah, that long ago - MP was probably in 3rd grade and it was before cell phones) and were driving down I-80 (6-lane highway). I smoked at the time and of course didn't have a whole lot of money so I was rolling and smoking Prince Albert in a can. Well, you know what those little ciggies look like right? I was driving along smoking my Prince Albert "pinner" and this beat up green car pulls along, honks the horn, and flashes a badge. We look at each other and say "Holy sheep ****!" and pull over. They (2 of them) searched us (pockets, down boots, etc. - we didn't know any better) and made me break open all my little cigs. :cry: They bantered back and forth between themselves "should we take them in...blah...blah. They "decided" to let us go. Was freaked out for quite a while. We always wondered later if they were real cops - they probably were - this happened on a busy freeway in broad daylight.

P.S. - My buddy had his smoking materials and pipe too but it wasn't Prince Albert. It was in the only jacket pocket they didn't check. :wink:

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Cop is lucky he was not shot.