Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least California trees. Must be Ga trees too because AJC picked it up.

Nemo

http://www.ajc.com/news/racist-tree...course-will-come-down/d93DbErgWDfmdTIBdvYI1L/

'Racist' trees separating a black neighborhood from a golf course will come down

Corinne S Kennedy, The (Palm Springs, Calif.) Desert Sun
Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2017 Atlanta News

PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - Palm Springs will remove a row of trees blocking a historically African-American neighborhood from a city-owned golf course.

At an informal meeting with neighborhood residents Sunday, Palm Springs Mayor Robert Moon, council member J.R. Roberts and other city officials promised residents they would remove the tamarisk trees and a chain link fence along the Crossley Tract property lines as soon as possible.

Many longtime residents of the neighborhood previously told the (Palm Springs, Calif.) Desert Sun they believed the trees were planted for racist reasons in the 1960s, and remained a lasting remnant of the history of segregation in the city. Residents said the invasive tamarisks, which block views of the Tahquitz Creek Golf Course and San Jacinto mountains, have artificially depressed property values and prevented black families from accumulating wealth in their property over the past half century.

. . .

continued at link above

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Or they planted them to keep golfers from taking tee shot at your house. Just wait the first slice and they will be screaming racist again.

Reactions: AtlPhilip

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Or the golf course did not want to see yards that look like this as you are putting. I use to do a lot of work in a golf course community and the people on the course could not have anything in their yard that was not approved by the course.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Property value goes up, property taxes go up. How much will taxes go up when they have a golf course view?
Taxes are racist

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Take the trees down.

Put up a screen to block errant golf balls.

WTF????

Reactions: AtlPhilip

·
PawPaw x 3
8,761 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
When they built a golf course behind my house, they left a 500ft buffer that's as thick as a jungle. But since I'm white there's nothing wrong with that, correct? I'm just trying to understand.

·
Registered
847 Posts
When they built a golf course behind my house, they left a 500ft buffer that's as thick as a jungle. But since I'm white there's nothing wrong with that, correct? I'm just trying to understand.
It's an impossible task to reason with libtards. No matter what is done, they will complain. They even turn the applicable phrase "He would beotch if he were hung with new rope (itches the neck)" into a racist phrase. Reasoning with libtards is like trying to saw...sawdust.

Reasonable, working black people that earn their own living don't go around hollering "racism...racism" at every little thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts