Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the dictator from the Ivory Coast has been captured. He had refused to leave office after being voted out of office, and after months of begging and pleading and finally direct action by the international community.

www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/04/11/ivo ... tml?hpt=T1

This sounds like treason to me.

He should be on trial for his life, facing a public hanging for treason for his failure to abide by what every neutral examiner believes was a fair election that his opponent won (not by a landslide, but by a very certain 10% margin).

I would hope that in the United States, any similar action by some future U.S. President also results in armed intervention and a public execution of the traitor, along with his top generals / allies who supported and aided the treason.

BOTTOM LINE: If political leaders won't recognize the power of the ballot box, reach for the ammo box.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
Very good point, gunsmoker, and I would hope so as well. If a president loses an election, or suspends elections because of some contrived BS, refuses to leave office, I would hope that Americans would reach for the ammo box. I especially hope some of our military would. They could really get crap done.

·
Registered
408 Posts
unfortunately, gentlemen, we have become a nation of candy asses. there would be a small sector that would rise up and be completely destroyed by the media. marshall law declared, weapons seized. game over. i hope we never are pushed to the limit; i fear what we may find out about our yellow countrymen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts