Travelling to FL, what do I need to know?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by martin_j001, Nov 16, 2010.

1. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

I'll be heading to FL with the wife for a few days over the upcoming holidays. I have a GWL. I do know that to carry in FL it must always be concealed. Anything else pertinent I need to know--anything radically different than here in GA? Do I have to inform if we're pulled over or anything like that? If a thread on this already exists, feel free to point me to it. Thanks in advance!

2. N.T.F.S.

N.T.F.S. Active Member

3. martin_j001

Re: Travelling to FL, what do I need to know?1

Much thanks for that link, very helpful indeed. So if I'm reading correctly, if I go out to a restaurant for dinner, just don't go near the "bar specific" section--seems I remember reading about this issue somewhere else once. Interesting.

4. N.T.F.S.

N.T.F.S. Active Member

this might help also

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... pter%20790

As to the restaurants, I believe you are correct, I do not know for certain if you are able to have a drink if you are sitting away from the bar.

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

You CAN drink and carry from what I've read.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You can drink and carry in FL, but you need to remember that the definition of a "bar" in FL includes the "bar area" of a restaurant.

7. N.T.F.S.

N.T.F.S. Active Member

I see that their code is similar to ours about discharging a weapon while intoxicated

8. martin_j001

Pretty much exactly what I read on the topic as well.

As for drinking and carrying, the most I ever drink in a restaurant (or bar) is a beer or a glass of wine. I prefer not to be bent over ($-wise) or risk any other issues in drinking while out. Although I'm sure my "big-boned" frame could handle a 6 pack before starting to show any signs of alcohol consumption, lol.

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

In FL its illegal to carry in a bar or bar area of a restaurant, even if you are not drinking.

In FL it is legal to carry and drink in a restaurant (so long as you stay away from the bar area of a restaurant).

10. JMan

JMan New Member

I been there never a issue

CC everywhere but don't go into places that serve alcohol if you do don't let anyone find out!

11. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

Make sure to not "print". Apparently, this issue is take rather seriously by many LEO. YMMV.