Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading to FL with the wife for a few days over the upcoming holidays. I have a GWL. I do know that to carry in FL it must always be concealed. Anything else pertinent I need to know--anything radically different than here in GA? Do I have to inform if we're pulled over or anything like that? If a thread on this already exists, feel free to point me to it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Travelling to FL, what do I need to know?1

Much thanks for that link, very helpful indeed. So if I'm reading correctly, if I go out to a restaurant for dinner, just don't go near the "bar specific" section--seems I remember reading about this issue somewhere else once. Interesting.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

this might help also

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... pter%20790

As to the restaurants, I believe you are correct, I do not know for certain if you are able to have a drink if you are sitting away from the bar.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts

N.T.F.S. said:
I do not know for certain if you are able to have a drink if you are sitting away from the bar.
You CAN drink and carry from what I've read.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts

GAGunOwner said:
N.T.F.S. said:
I do not know for certain if you are able to have a drink if you are sitting away from the bar.
You can drink and carry in FL, but you need to remember that the definition of a "bar" in FL includes the "bar area" of a restaurant.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

I see that their code is similar to ours about discharging a weapon while intoxicated

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Adam5 said:
GAGunOwner said:
N.T.F.S. said:
You can drink and carry in FL, but you need to remember that the definition of a "bar" in FL includes the "bar area" of a restaurant.
Pretty much exactly what I read on the topic as well.

As for drinking and carrying, the most I ever drink in a restaurant (or bar) is a beer or a glass of wine. I prefer not to be bent over ($-wise) or risk any other issues in drinking while out. Although I'm sure my "big-boned" frame could handle a 6 pack before starting to show any signs of alcohol consumption, lol.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
In FL its illegal to carry in a bar or bar area of a restaurant, even if you are not drinking.

In FL it is legal to carry and drink in a restaurant (so long as you stay away from the bar area of a restaurant).

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
martin_j001 said:
I'll be heading to FL with the wife for a few days over the upcoming holidays. I have a GWL. I do know that to carry in FL it must always be concealed. Anything else pertinent I need to know--anything radically different than here in GA? Do I have to inform if we're pulled over or anything like that? If a thread on this already exists, feel free to point me to it. Thanks in advance!
I been there never a issue

CC everywhere but don't go into places that serve alcohol if you do don't let anyone find out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts