Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm traveling through Tennessee and Kentucky to Columbus, Ohio at the end of the month. I've got my GWCL, and I know GA has reciprocity with TN and KY, but not OH. Does anyone know if, how, where I can have my firearm while in Ohio?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,718 Posts
rjinga60 said:
I'm traveling through Tennessee and Kentucky to Columbus, Ohio at the end of the month. I've got my GWCL, and I know GA has reciprocity with TN and KY, but not OH. Does anyone know if, how, where I can have my firearm while in Ohio?
never heard of such a thing i assume you mean your GWL Georgia Weapons License??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rmodel65 said:
never heard of such a thing i assume you mean your GWL Georgia Weapons License??
I received a laminated card from the Walton County Probate Court last week. It is labeled "STATE OF GEORGIA WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE" at the very top of the side of the card that contains my fingerprint. The other side is taken up entirely by the words: GEORGIA WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE
Also, at the bottom right of the fingerprint side it reads "June 2010". I'm assuming that that is some type of form update date?

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
rmodel65 said:
rjinga60 said:
§ 16-11-129. License to carry weapon; temporary renewal permit; mandamus

(a) Application for weapons carry license or renewal license; term. The judge of the probate court of each county may, on application under oath and on payment of a fee of $30.00, issue a weapons carry license or renewal license valid for a period of five years to any person whose domicile is in that county or who is on active duty with the United States armed forces and who is not a domiciliary of this state but who either resides in that county or on a military reservation located in whole or in part in that county at the time of such application. .....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, now it looks like I'm flying to Ohio. Does anyone know of a way for me to legally: a) have my firearm in my hotel room; b) carry it while I'm out on the streets of the fair city of Columbus?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
not without :dtmb: :handcuffs: :jail: as an escape from the buckeye state i will 2nd that OHIO SUCKS . if you have a Utah or a Florida license you could CC but You don't have enough time to acquire one

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,102 Posts
I'm planning a trip to Indiana that may or may not involve passing through Cincinnati, OH.
After looking at several websites, I see they uniformly agree that unlicensed persons traveling to or through Ohio need to be disarmed (fully unloaded and encased guns OK, stored for transport not within reach easy to use).

So I won't be going to or through Ohio. I'll stick with states that we have reciprocity agreements with.

If Ohio allowed unlicensed open carry, I'd do it that way. But they don't, at least as to guns in a vehicle. (I'm not sure about unlicensed open carry on your body away from your vehicle).

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I'm planning a trip to Indiana that may or may not involve passing through Cincinnati, OH.
After looking at several websites, I see they uniformly agree that unlicensed persons traveling to or through Ohio need to be disarmed (fully unloaded and encased guns OK, stored for transport not within reach easy to use).

So I won't be going to or through Ohio. I'll stick with states that we have reciprocity agreements with.

If Ohio allowed unlicensed open carry, I'd do it that way. But they don't, at least as to guns in a vehicle. (I'm not sure about unlicensed open carry on your body away from your vehicle).
Im going thru Ohio tomorrow back to MI...the only way I can transport is holster, centre console or glovebox afaik...

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Maybe at least carry a good sharp, assisted opening, pocket knife? Anyone have quick access to knife laws in Ohio?

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
gunsmoker said:

Just get a non-resident permit that Ohio honors, easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts