Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a business trip to Delaware at the end of February. because the trip is 2 weeks, I am contemplating driving up there stopping overnight in VA or NC in lieu of flying (if i fly i definitely will not take a firearm). I know I am good to carry on me via reciprocity up to the MD border. I know MD is an issue and don't plan on stopping at all there and also plan on putting gun in a locked container (with ammo separated from it). I plan on keeping it this way for the 2 weeks up in DE.

I know i can't carry in MD and DE so won't even plan on that.

Anyone have any experience with Delaware?

Thanks.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
Drive, and drop off your gun in a legal state right before crossing over the border, at a gun shop for cleaning. Pick it up on the drive back.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,672 Posts
Any 2A supportive or indicative bumper stickers or such? That gathers enough interest to fabricate/create reasonable suspicion to justify stop in MD. Hail, too dark sunglasses does it there too.

When its found in MD you got headaches. Storage methods and vehicle location irrelevant. You prove innocence to judge.

Nemo

Reactions: TimBob

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
I'd be tempted to be plastered with 2A stickers, with a locked empty safe in my trunk. I wouldn't consent to any searches or seizures, and see if they want to violate my 4th Amendment Rights enough for a winning lawsuit.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any 2A supportive or indicative bumper stickers or such? That gathers enough interest to fabricate/create reasonable suspicion to justify stop in MD. Hail, too dark sunglasses does it there too.

When its found in MD you got headaches. Storage methods and vehicle location irrelevant. You prove innocence to judge.

Nemo
No stickers (NRA, 2A or otherwise) at all on any of my vehicles. I don't need to prove I support something by plastering stickers all over my back window.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,672 Posts
See post #2 above then.

Nemo

·
68,095 Posts
Also, Delaware honors Florida - you need to check whether they honor only resident licenses or will honor a nonresident license. If they honor a nonresident license, then you could conceal with a license from the Florida Agriculture Commissioner, Nikki Fried.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,672 Posts

·
PawPaw x 3
8,311 Posts
I have a business trip to Delaware at the end of February. because the trip is 2 weeks, I am contemplating driving up there stopping overnight in VA or NC in lieu of flying (if i fly i definitely will not take a firearm). I know I am good to carry on me via reciprocity up to the MD border. I know MD is an issue and don't plan on stopping at all there and also plan on putting gun in a locked container (with ammo separated from it). I plan on keeping it this way for the 2 weeks up in DE.

I know i can't carry in MD and DE so won't even plan on that.

Anyone have any experience with Delaware?

Thanks.
I am always amazed at how the 2nd Amendment is an absolute waste of ink and intellectual prowess.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
I know I am good to carry on me via reciprocity up to the MD border. I know MD is an issue and don't plan on stopping at all there...
If you're going to drive through MD read this article. It's several years old and deals with a couple of FL citizens driving through MD. Apparently MD law enforcement has access to all kinds of other states' data bases and in particular carry licenses. I'm betting GA is right up there with FL where "guns" are concerned. You may get hassled just because even if you don't have a gun in your vehicle because of where you're from. I honestly don't know if MD still does this crap or if their capabilities have increased.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/30/gun-owners-fear-maryland-cops-target-them-for-traf/
A year ago this New Year's Eve, John Filippidis of Florida was driving south with his family on Interstate 95 when the Maryland Transportation Authority Police pulled over his black Ford Expedition and proceeded to raid it while his twins, wife and daughter looked on - separated in the back seats of different police cruisers.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're going to drive through MD read this article. It's several years old and deals with a couple of FL citizens driving through MD. Apparently MD law enforcement has access to all kinds of other states' data bases and in particular carry licenses. I'm betting GA is right up there with FL where "guns" are concerned. You may get hassled just because even if you don't have a gun in your vehicle because of where you're from. I honestly don't know if MD still does this crap or if their capabilities have increased.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/30/gun-owners-fear-maryland-cops-target-them-for-traf/
I remember that and that was one of the things I was thinking about.

So the rules as i see them for MD is.
1. Gun in a locked container you can't easily get to.
2. Ammo completely separate from the gun and NOT in the container the gun is in at all. Not sure it that has to be in a locked container as well.
3. 10 round limit.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I remember that and that was one of the things I was thinking about.

So the rules as i see them for MD is.
1. Gun in a locked container you can't easily get to.
2. Ammo completely separate from the gun and NOT in the container the gun is in at all. Not sure it that has to be in a locked container as well.
3. 10 round limit.

Am I missing something?
You may wish to check on ammo restrictions, hollow point etc.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,456 Posts
What are you driving? I suggest you not drive the pickup or jeep...

If you have a prius, drive it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts