Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...While the U.S. government doles out trillions of taxpayer dollars for bank bailouts and economic stimulus, the administration that promised unprecedented transparency has hired a private company to keep information about the exorbitant handouts secret, according to officials for a Washington, DC watchdog group....

According to officials at Judicial Watch, U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner enlisted a consulting firm to screen public records requested through the federal law known as the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)....

To keep crucial Treasury records secret, the Obama Administration picked a firm (Phacil) that has given tens of thousands of dollars to Democratic candidates and not a dime to Republicans. Earlier this year Phacil won a small-business award that was celebrated in a Rose Garden event with the president.
http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcement ... up-records

Alright, we all know that Obama lied to get elected. That's not a big shock. He told us that he would BRING transparency to government, yet he has done everything he can do to ADD secrecy to our government and his own records and we're starting to get even more proof of it.

I really could have never imagined the lengths that Obama and his administration have gone to, just to cover up everything that they are doing. Its astonishing. And people wonder why others are losing faith in our Federal government.

These people are starting to act a lot more like the Mob than a government instituted by The People. They are acting like straight up criminals.

Don't worry, though, I'm sure all those Republicans and Tea Party candidates that won are really going to put a stop to all this, right? To be honest, I don't think we're voting ourselves out of this problem anytime soon. This corruption seems to be too systemic of a problem to be resolved by voting.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
if there was any one campaign promise I would have liked to see during his time, it would have been true transparency.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts