Trading Ibanez RG5EX1 (Updated w/Kel-Tec P11 9mm & Pics)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by kineticmind, Sep 22, 2010.

1. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Would like to trade my Ibanez RG5EX1 & P11 for a different gun. Not in the market for anything in particular, but a full-size .45 or 9mm is sure to catch my attention.

The Ibanez is in near-mint condition and sounds amazing. Very low action and a paper thin neck that's designed to be played fast. I still enjoy playing it, honestly, but I prefer fixed-bridge electrics over floating tremolos these days... so this guitar just isn't getting played like it should be. I'll include the hardshell case that's shown in the picture. Resell value for both is somewhere in the ballpark of $400-$450.

Pictures and specs of the Ibanez below:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

* Basswood body
    * 3-piece maple neck
    * Wizard II neck profile
    * 25-1/2" scale
    * 24 jumbo frets
    * Rosewood fingerboard
    * Sharktooth inlay
    * Reverse headstock
    * Edge III tremolo bridge
    * INF3 humbucker neck position pickup
    * INFS3 single-coil mid positiion pickup
    * INF4 humbucker bridge position pickup
    * Tone and volume controls
    * 5-way pickup switch

***And, since this is a gun forum, for the right trade I'll throw in a recently re-blued Kel-Tec P11 9mm. It has less than 500 rounds through it with no hiccups, two mags (w/pinky extension on one), two holsters (Uncle Mike's IWB & leather Don Hume JIT Slide), and 2 magazines worth of PMC Starfire JHP's. Also had recoil springs and guide rod replaced when Kel-Tec re-blued the slide. Nice little pocket gun, very concealable.

[​IMG][​IMG]

GFL and drivers license provided for any trade. Willing to drive for something worthwhile, so let's work something out. PM or email me at [email protected].***

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Re: Ibanez Electric Guitar FT

OOOH pretty. I loved my Ibanez Artcore AF105, and every other Ibanez I've ever played. They make a great axe for the money.

If only I had something to trade...

3. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

They really do! I've played many of their instruments, from the budget super strats to the Jem, and they've all been great. I've just really gotten into Les Paul's recently (and my Jackson RR1 that also has a fixed bridge), so now the Floyd Rose-style tremolos just feel weird to play.

4. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

those wizard necks are the tits. if i was in the market for a new axe id be all over this. still lovin my esp though.....

5. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Can't say I blame ya at all there. I had an EC-1000 (with the EMG 81/60s) that was my all-time favorite guitar until it got traded for a Gibson Les Paul. Still, ESP make damn good guitars.

6. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

I have an Ibanez, Les Paul, and Toni Iommi signature Epiphone SG. Don't blame ya liking the fixed bridge. I like the Tune-o-matic bridge. You spent some $$$ on the Jackson.

Good luck with the sale - free bump :righton:

7. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

The RR1 definitely wasn't cheap, but totally worth it... the thing screams metal! And Tune-o-matics are perfect for me now. I used to love doing stupid dive bombs on a Floyd Rose all day long, but as my playing got more refined so did my taste. If I can't vibrato with just my fingers then I have no business doing it anyway!

And thanks for the bump, too. :D

8. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

:bump:

9. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Re: Trading Ibanez RG5EX1 (Updated w/Kel-Tec P11)

:bump: w/some added goodies!

10. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Re: Trading Ibanez RG5EX1 (Updated w/Kel-Tec P11)

:bump: