Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I was open carrying while running some errands and noticed a no firearms sign at Toys R Us. Not wanting to cause a scene, and also not wanting my gift card to go bad (I would have just taken my business elsewhere if I was spending MY money), I returned to my vehicle, switched to concealed, and got in and out of the store as soon as possible. I decided to write to their corporate office, explaining that they were alienating and demonizing law abiding carriers, and that if they didn't consider a change in policy, I would never return. I received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting the Toys "R" Us family. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I would like to clarify that this policy applies to both Customers and team members. The term weapons include all items designed to cause harm or damage to humans, animals, or property. It includes clubs, swords, knives (excluding small pocket knives), spears, bows and arrows, explosives, and firearms. At Toys "R" Us, Inc., the safety and security of our Customers and Team Members is, and always has been, our highest priority.

Although we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our Company policy prohibits Customers and Team Members from carrying firearms or other weapons in any of our stores, out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us. As any other company, we have our own policies and they cannot be overridden.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in this regard.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to respond to this email. Thank you again for contacting Toys “R†Us. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Karelia 8388.
"R" Us Customer Service Representative.​

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Send one back saying you are keeping this e mail as written proof that your security is guaranteed 100% by the "r" us corporation and if anything happens to you or yours on their property, you will expect them to make you whole.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,144 Posts
And note that the guarantee covers the parking lot are when you are in the shopping center going to or leaving their store. Because you cannot leave it at the door.

Nemo

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
They've been anti gun for a long time. I just take my business elsewhere. All those toys bought over a lifetime... kids, grandkids, friends, etc. I'm sure it adds up to a lot of money.

No loss to me.

Az

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
And if you are in Tennessee, you automatically break the law carrying past their sign. In Tennessee, the signs are about knee level; I guess to warn the children not bring weapons also.

·
69,784 Posts
They've been anti gun for a long time. I just take my business elsewhere. All those toys bought over a lifetime... kids, grandkids, friends, etc. I'm sure it adds up to a lot of money.

No loss to me.

Az
This happened in the last five six seven years or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts