Touchscreen car stereo with Andriod auto

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by xls177, Jul 19, 2018.

1. xls177

xls177 Member

Touchscreen car stereo with Andriod auto single din size

Trying to upgrade my car stereo to comply with new law.
    Wanted one with a touchscreen with Andriod auto but need one to fit a single din size opening.
    Can be a double din if it has a single din body.
    Did not want a flip out screen. Can not modify car opening.

Anybody know of any like that?

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Whats a din?

Nemo

3. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

DIN stands for Deutsches Institut für Normung who set a standard for radio unit face sizes in their cars.

Single DIN is about 7x2, the "normal" sized radio. Radios with screens are usually twice as high, or double DIN, 7x4.

I’ve never heard of a single DIN with a touch screen unless it’s with a pull out hinged screen. I’d be interested to discover one exists. Might be useful in my Jeep for Apple CarPlay.

4. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

I have seen them where they dont "flip out", but the screen is mounted to the single DIN body

like this...
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tview-Ov...62428&wl11=online&wl12=43623621&wl13=&veh=sem

and

https://www.ebay.com/p/BOSS-BV8972-...kup-Camera/1225253785?iid=162232325884&chn=ps

But I cant vouch for their reliability (and I haven't seen them with android auto). Do you need android auto? A bluetooth head unit will send/receive calls just fine. AA really only adds voice texting through the car when it comes to compliance with the new law. In addition, you can use AA on your phone with out a head unit, it just wont go through your car speakers and uses the phones mic.

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

You know. Like in "I din do nuffin." :mrgreen:

6. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

I have a Sony XAV-100 in the truck and it's a double din face/single din body. It's been a pretty good unit except for the date/time resets some times.

The receiver uses it's on time/date settings different from the android auto mode which pull them from the phone (don't understand why). If the two are too far apart, Android Auto will not start. I got mine when they first came out and the issue is probably limited to my unit, but it does get aggravating sometimes. Sometimes it will reset to 1970, sometime just back a couple years, sometimes just a couple months, etc. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

7. ForsythGlock

ForsythGlock Member

8. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

You’re missing one of the persistent voltage wires in your wiring harness. Probably have a short somewhere.

9. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

No, been over that time and again. It's in the radio.

10. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Just an update. Found in the Sony FAQ for my radio that the way to fix it is turn off Clock Time
    Apparently Clock Time grabs the time from Radio Station's RDS broadcast and this may be wrong or even cause the time to reset to factory default.