Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the TOS for this site?

Is this a "free speech forum", or is it restricted in certain ways? Did I miss the FAQ?

I'd like to know.

·
68,510 Posts
Only GS1 knows for sure, but I would guess he can kick off anyone for anything whenever the fancy strikes him. Given his libertarian bent of mind, however, he is likely to let a lot slide.

I would hope that everyone posting here on this informative site would always strive to make sure that the forum has the best information available and portrays gun owners in a good light.

A lot of government people read what is posted here. A bad image can have negative repercussions for everybody.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
ForeverInDebt said:

Is this a "free speech forum", or is it restricted in certain ways? Did I miss the FAQ?

I'd like to know.
The First Amendment only limits government action.

·
68,510 Posts
I think there is a rule against discussing or mentioning guns.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I think there is a rule against discussing or mentioning guns.
I'm all for that! Every time I see one of them foul mouthed posters talking about that I get sick. After all this is a firearms forum, perverted discussions about body parts have no place here!

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Basically try not to use foul language and keep to the topic of debate and don't attack the poster themself (no ad hominim attacks).

·
68,510 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
[I'm all for that! Every time I see one of them foul mouthed posters talking about that I get sick. After all this is a firearms forum, perverted discussions about body parts have no place here!
This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for . . .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rammstein said:
ForeverInDebt said:

I'd like to know.
This ain't the government. This is private property, and that is why I asked for the rules.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
ForeverInDebt said:
Rammstein said:
ForeverInDebt said:

I'd like to know.
This ain't the government. This is private property, and that is why I asked for the rules.
Just clarifying for everyone where the First Amendment applies and does not apply.

·
68,510 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
(1)Try not to use foul language and keep to the topic of debate and don't attack the poster themself (no ad hominim attacks).

(2) No criticizing the ties of any GCO officers or board members

(3) Every third post must say something nice about MP

(4) No questioning even the substance of any personal opinion MP posts

(5) See Rule number 2
GS1, thanks for clarifying the rules, above. I think you have promulgated a good set of rules.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
I think there should be a fine for violating rule #2. $50 should about do it.

It's payable to the Adam 5 wants a SHTF rifle fund. :D

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Gunstar1 said:
(1)Try not to use foul language and keep to the topic of debate and don't attack the poster themself (no ad hominim attacks).

(5) See Rule number 2
GS1, thanks for clarifying the rules, above. I think you have promulgated a good set of rules.
MP, you didn't get Rule 6 in when you quoted GS1. Here is the original rules quote with all the rules included...

Gunstar1 said:

(5) See Rule number 2

(6) Rules 2 through 5 are optional for members with a post count of 2 or above.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts