Too Many Glocks?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by VolGrad, Nov 2, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I have made the statement, "I have too many pistols already", many times while trying to talk myself out of another purchase. After finding this Glock Family Pic Thread on GlockTalk I don't think I will make that statement again. Looks like my addiction isn't as bad as I thought. I only have 4 Glocks and 2 Sigs. I am waaaaayy behind.

Holy Crap!!!

2. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I saw that yesterday on GT.

Friggin unreal. Now that is being prepared for the whole dang family and neighbors!!!!!

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

There is no such thing as too many, but I'd prefer to diversify.

4. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Yeah I really like glocks, but geez........... I would like a bit more diversity as well. There are alot of wonderful guns out there.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock:

Wonder which dept. that is...?

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You need a little diversity. Too many pistols? NO WAY !! 35 of the same make? boring.

7. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I remember back when people used to roll their eyes over Smith&Wesson's 'gun of the month' club where they seemed to roll out a new pistol every month.

I don't mind Glocks, hell I owned the same Gen 1 since about 1984 till this year. But it's getting just downright confusing now with all these models.

8. VolGrad

That is funny you say that about "all these models". I actually like having each frame size & caliber assigned its own unique model number. When someone says they have a G19, for example, I know it is a compact 9mm. As opposed to someone saying they have a Sig 229. Saying they have a 229 says compact, but doesn't specify caliber (could be 1 of 3).

For comparison: Glock makes about 20 models for the US market. Sig has many more when you factor in the different models, calibers, finishes, special editions such as Elites, etc. There are way more combinations of Sigs than Glocks.

My :2cents:.

9. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

I don't get it. I have one Glock. It's a great shooter, if boring. Also, when concealment is no concern, 13 rounds of .45 is comforting. But I can't really imagine getting another, unless maybe I found a good deal on a compact.

If you've shot one Glock, you've shot 'em all...

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I can't find the thread, but I remember reading a thread about a guy there that had atleast one of every model including .380's. A few he even had multiple generations of the same model.

11. VolGrad

The thread I linked to ... someone asked, "so you have 32?". He replied "more" but he couldn't get them all together at once. He surely has one of each model or at minimum several of each of his favorite models.

12. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

I have 5 Glocks, and I think I'm good.

13. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

i think one day I would like to have one in each caliber of Glock. But my list is long before that happens.

14. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I currently have a G26, G32 and G34. The only other I would like to add is a G21SF.

15. concrete

concrete New Member

+1

16. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i don't own any and it's still reasonably far back on my want to have list, i musta missed something about glocks. i understand all about the reliability factor but others are reliable too ie; sig hk beretta, etc.. they're not especially pretty, so just what it it?

17. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Please don't say beretta's are reliable in comparision to Glocks or any other brand... Sig, H&K. At least not military M9 Beretta's. The locking block breaks everytime you shoot those damn things. And if it's not that it's something else the safety's breaking, the slides actually cracking, plastic handles breaking. It's practically a joke. The lowest bidder is right when it comes to Beretta's. Funny thing is that the military could probobly get a cheaper contract from glock, hell almost every PD does.

But, I have one glock. I would like one or two more of my own. But anymore than that would be rediculous.

18. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

WOW!!! that is alot of polymer... I want a .380 one mostly because I can't get it.... always want what I can't have!

19. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

You can't have a date with me :wink:

20. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

Touche! nice try... you'll have to get in line behind macktee