Tomorrow is the day (Cobb County) UPDATE - TODAY was the day

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by 1911packer, Oct 18, 2007.

1. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

October 19, 2007 will mark 60 days since I applied for my GFL in Cobb County. I guess I will go stand by the mailbox and wait for it to come in. :wink:

In all seriousness, According to the GBI, They entered my stuff into the system on September 26, 2007 and the FBI responded on October 1, 2007.

I got the runaround at the SO and was eventually transferred to the Probate Court. Probate said it was "pending" and she couldn't tell me if she had the background check results.

Thanks GCO for the checklist. Excellent information.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Tomorrow is the day (Cobb County)

"Um, that's ok, ma'am, I already checked on that with both the GBI and the FBI, and it was returned three weeks ago. I would say at this point that the delay is not reasonably attributable to the investigative process."

3. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

I did give her the dates, but she seemed unimpressed, said it was pending and hung up.

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

"Pending".........sounds official, but = "I don't know and don't really care to find out for you."

5. Malum Prohibitum

Can anyone doubt anymore that HB 850 is vitally necessary?

6. larz

larz Member

Took 90 days for me.......wait by your mailbox then....

7. Adzam

Adzam New Member

I too just hit 60 days this week. Looks like we'll both be waiting by our mailbox for another month or two...b

8. Malum Prohibitum

:soapbox:

:banghead:

9. Malum Prohibitum

Probate said it was "pending" . . .

Are they going to use Moore v Cranford as an excuse to drag their feet even when the background check is obviously NOT delaying the process? Did they read Moore v. Cranford?

Oddly, I have seemed to notice an escalation in the speed of issuance reported here since that decision was rendered, which is why your experience puzzles me. You inform her that she has had the background checks back for three weeks and her response is to hang up on you?

10. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

She said that all the computer could tell her was my application was pending. I guess, once the computer was blamed, she had nothing more to say.

11. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Oh come on now, no one would blame an inanimate object for something! Oh wait... :wink:

12. M249

M249 New Member

Write your Representatives and get HB850 passed.

If you're in District 33, write Rep. Don Wix (D), thank him for his support, and encourage him to co-sponsor the legislation.

13. Adzam

Adzam New Member

I applied on the 16th of August. I called the FBI this week after getting the run-around from the Cobb County sherrifs office, and my FBI background check was completed and sent back to Cobb county on September 21st.

I called today, and talked to the Sherriffs office, and the girl laughed at me when I asked the status of my GFL. She told me that they take at least 4 months, and the FBI is usually very slow. I explained to her that the FBI is reporting that my check was done on the 21st, and asked her what the holdup was. She quickly asked me to call the Probate court and ask them.

I then called the Probate court, and the girl told me the same story. I got the "It takes months for the Checks to go though" story. I explained that my GBI check was finished on Aug 18th, and that my FBI check was completed on September 21st. She was unwilling, but took my name and checked the computer.

According to her, my license was mailed out on the 24th of this Month (two days ago). Looks like I'll be waiting by my mailbox for it if they are telling the truth!

14. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

Woo-hoo. We applied close to the same time. I've been waiting by this mail box more than a week now and the weather has been terrible. Maybe it will come in the next few days and I can go back indoors.

15. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

My hunch was correct. It came today. Looks like Cobb is taking about 75 days.

I slapped on the ole' .45 (IWB under a light jacket) and went to Wal-Mart to get some Q-tips for gun cleaning. Then I went to the range and ran off 100 rounds.

Time to join GCO...

16. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:woohoo:

Congrats on getting your GFL, even though it took so long.

17. merlock

merlock Active Member

=D>